Perfection

Perfection - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 13th Apr, 2004 - 3:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2004 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Perfection
A Friend

Perfection

Everyone strives for perfection in some sense. Whether it be as a student, as a person, as a friend, everyone wants to be the best at something. What do you strive to be perfect at? Do you think you'll ever get there? Is it possible to be perfect?

Sponsored Links:
11th Apr, 2004 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Perfection

Perfect husband and father. I believe if I got those under control then everything else will just fall into place wink.gif

Is it possible to be perfect?

Yes, but it will take more than this lifetime.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2004 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Perfection
A Friend

Perfection Health & Special Psychology

I've strived to be perfect and please my parents, but I've learned along the way that I need to be happy with myself. My own happiness is more important than satisfying my parents' dreams and goals.

So to answer my own question, is it possible to be perfect? I really doubt anyone can be perfect. I guess it depends on your definition of perfect. Everyone has a different definition of perfect. To me perfect means having everything you want: money, love, intelligence, beauty. I highly doubt anyone can have all that. Anyway, I just need to be happy with being me.

11th Apr, 2004 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

Perfection

i think youre right xtrasweet. If you try to conform to what everyone else thinks is perfect...youll go crazy...and at the end of the day...youll be miserable..so whats the point?

of course nothing says we cant strive for perfection..i myself try to be a perfect daughter and friend...but im realistic enough to know when enough is enough.

11th Apr, 2004 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Perfection

Anyway, I just need to be happy with being me.

I think you are mixing up personal goals with perfection, but you are right... everyone has a different definition for it. However this one remains true: Self-Mastery is the Greatest Mastery and As a Man Thinketh So is He.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2004 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Perfection
A Friend

Perfection

QUOTE (xtrasweetgirl @ 11-Apr 04, 9:57 PM)
Is it possible to be perfect?
I do not belive so, perfection is a man made word. Its not reality.

Im a very nitpicky person. At my job i deal with very very detailed things... and over time, i think you are what you eat. So i strives perfection in most things i do (it just never seams to work biggrin.gif ).... or maybe its details.. and im confusing the two.
But i do not think its possable to to achive.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Apr, 2004 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

Perfection

I think we should always try for perfection in anything we do, knowing full well that it is not attainable in this life. By trying, though, it ensures we will do our absolute best.

I constantly am trying to improve in whatever I am doing, striving for perfection. However, this is not an effort to please others. It is simply an effort to be the best I can be at all times. My best changes over time. It isn't stagant. If we just say it is impossible to be perfect, we might be tempted to stop trying for improvement. Then we would never achieve our ultimate self.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2004 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Perfection
A Friend

Perfection Psychology Special & Health

Perfection is something everyone says they strive for...and as we all know it is not the easiest thing to attain..as time goes by however I realise that I don't strive for perfection I do the best that I can...I don't really believe that much in perfection cause what really is it?? Different people will have different ideals and what is perfect for someone is not good enough for someone else.So that is why i prefer the term doing the best that I can with the resources that I have..I know that it may not be perfect but it is the best that I can do at that time.What really is a perfect person??Can we really ,should we judge other people??We all are imperfect so how can we allude to perfection or lack thereof in others??As I go through the rigors of daily living i meet people who may not be perfect but they do the best that they can...Striving for character development is an ongoing process one that may take several lifetimes..Perfection is an ideal ...but I think that it is a personal thing..everyone should realise how they have developed and will continue to develop..how then can we say we can achieve perfection when everyday we dynamically change in minute ways and thus have to adjust our ways of thinkin etc..perfection is possible but its after many lifetimes and total renunciation of the world as we know it when we attain that level we have no need for this world anymore..(a view of Hindu philosophy wink.gif )

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Perfection

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,