Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 28th Jul, 2004 - 6:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
She has changed a lot over the years and now sports a whole new look. How do you like her evolution? Key Comic Thread
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2004 - 7:19am / Post ID: #

Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman was created by Psychologist, Dr. William Moulton Marston. Marston was also the inventor of the polygraph test - the lie detector! Thus inspiring his idea for Wonder Woman's Golden Lasso of Truth!

Of all the super women in the comic realm none has ever been as famous or as powerful as Wonder Woman - care to debate?

Detailed Facts: https://home.iprimus.com.au/rennyr/Facts.html and https://wwfanfic.net/facts.htm

Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
8th Jun, 2004 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Woman Wonder

Personally, I always wondered how she could fight effectively in that get-up... She's just a little too... what's the word? ... "Va-va-voom!" to really do the work.

In my opinion.
Roz

8th Jun, 2004 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Wonder Woman Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

FarSeer, I dont think it was about the work, it was about the appeal, and you know what kind of appeal I am talking about. tongue.gif

8th Jun, 2004 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Woman Wonder

Farseer, come on, where are your comic book days? Where have you seen a woman portrayed in a comic as anything other than "Va-va-voom!". Let us not lose track of the subject though --> Wonder Woman, do you know that she is no longer dressed like that? Her new look I have heard is that of a soldier with short hair style.

28th Jul, 2004 - 6:19am / Post ID: #

Woman Wonder

I remember hearing that there were two things that kept this show on the air and both held her costume up. Actually I liked Linda Carter's Wonder Woman, but only after they got rid of the World War II era. I always wanted those bracelets, I thought they were so cool. I do think that Linda Carter was underrated as an actress, I saw her in the short lived series Hawkeye co-starring with Lee Horsley and she was very good. As for WW, besides her lasso the best thing she had was the invisible plane. I think it would be cool if they made a Wonder Woman movie, she's about the only comic book hero that hasn't had one. Problem is who would play her? Anybody have any ideas?

28th Jul, 2004 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Wonder Woman

I used to love the television show Wonder Women. I never gave any thought to her clothing. It was the 70's and I don't think many of us really gave it much thought then. I preferred her character when she was in her role as the "not so attractive assistant" so maybe in some way I was objecting to the sexualizing of her without really knowing it. I loved the island that was ruled by women! I remember wanting to live there!!!

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 28th Jul, 2004 - 4:30pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jul, 2004 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Wonder Woman

Remember that the comic version (which is what this board is all about) is different from the TV version. As far as I understand (have not seen it yet), Wonder Woman's new look is totally different now, she has short hair and wears some kind o military outfit.

Offtopic but,
I remember wanting to live there!!!
laugh.gif Because there were no men there? Or because all of them were powerful?

28th Jul, 2004 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Wonder Woman Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews

"Her bullet-deflecting bracelets are gone, her golden tiara has disappeared and her long, flowing locks have been shorten.

After 60 years of fighting evil, Wonder Woman has a new, edgy look, complete with short, spiky hair and a camouflage bustier. The new Wonder Woman will appear in this Wednesday's DC Comics issue.

With characteristic finesse, a somewhat shocked Wonder Woman looks in the mirror and takes her new 'do in stride: "It's hair. It will grow back."

The makeover is part of Wonder Woman's latest six-part adventure, a harrowing scenario in which she gets amnesia and must fight demons without her superpower strength. Luckily, her brains out-muscle the brawn... "

https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/03/24/...ain545856.shtml

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Wonder Woman

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,