Hypnosis

Hypnosis - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 31st May, 2004 - 5:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: Do you believe Hypnosis works to overcome mental challenges?
  Yes       72.73%
  No       9.09%
  Unsure       18.18%
Total Votes: 11
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
  Hypnosis
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2004 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Hypnosis

What are your thoughts about hypnosis? Is it possible to have someone under a 'spell' so to speak so that you can give simple commands and they obey? It does not work on everyone, so what kind of person can be hypnotised?

By definition: hypnotised
adj : having your attention fixated as though by a spell
[syn: fascinated, hypnotised, mesmerized, mesmerised, spellbound, transfixed Source

Hypnosis
Hypnosis (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2004 - 5:23am / Post ID: #

Hypnosis
A Friend

Hypnosis

Some people can't be hypnotized, but I do believe most people can. It's quite amusing to watch. I've never been hypnotized though, maybe this year at the Stampede.

15th Apr, 2004 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

Hypnosis Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I don't think everyone can be hypnotized, but because of the seriousness and danger this can create, I think it should be used only for medical reasons.

Post Date: 30th May, 2004 - 8:55am / Post ID: #

Hypnosis
A Friend

Hypnosis

There are two different types of hypnosis: hypnosis and autohypnosis. Autohypnosis is a very interesting way of finding things about yourself. You can even quit cigarettes using this method. Dreams are a form of autohypnosis. We all fall in a state of autohypnosis before we are asleep and about 2-5 minutes after we wake up. Hypnosis is a proven method in psychology for analyzing experiences that caused trauma to a specific person in the past. And plus this using some of methods involving hypnosis you can learn a lot of things about yourself. Past life finding methods involve basicly autohypnosis.

Post Date: 31st May, 2004 - 8:13am / Post ID: #

Hypnosis
A Friend

Hypnosis

I just read an article where they used Hypnosis on Laci Petterson's neighbor's. They used it on them so they could remember a liscense plate number off a van. The van was seen in front of her house , the day she disappeared. Also Oprah Winfrey did a special on her show about Hypnosis. It was crazy ! The guy would say when you wake up you will be this or that. And they would wake up acting totally different. Now if it was the Jerry Springer show I would of turned the channel. But hey this was Oprah. It had to be real.

31st May, 2004 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Hypnosis

I think the key here is as LDS said, not everyone can be hypnotized. It takes a certain kind of person that is willing to 'put down their defenses' in order for them to be an 'open' channel of communication.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st May, 2004 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Hypnosis

Darius, I did not see that show on Oprah but just keep in mind she is a businesswoman too wink.gif therefore, what you see on TV is just a show. I enjoy watching Oprah's show but I always try to remember that when I am watching TV. Personally I worked in Media for long years and I have seen people like you described going to TV shows and saying they could hypnotized and make people to become whatever he wanted. The producer and director of the show know before hand that it is all a fake thing and there is a even money offered for those people who willing want to participate in this kind of things. I have seen it, that's why I know about it.
I don't know much about hypnosis, but I do think it cannot make people to become something they are not, basically I don't believe somebody can tell another person 'go and kill' and because of hypnosis the person goes and kill. The mind still a mystery for the human being.

Post Date: 31st May, 2004 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

Hypnosis
A Friend

Hypnosis Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

Yes I am aware of things being staged on shows. But out of all the talk shows I've watched. Oprah's show seems to be the realest. Now as for the other talk shows , I might as well watch WWF wrestling. (100% fake)

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Hypnosis

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,