Peter Pan, A Problem In Cuba?

Peter Pan Problem Cuba - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 10th Aug, 2007 - 6:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2004 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I know someone who has recently returned from Cuba on a trip. Upon boarding the plane they were called up about an item in their bag. They kept asking about the book Peter Pan, that they had. Where they received it, why they were bringing it, what they were planning on doing with it. Eventually, the book had to be left with a security person in the airport before the plane departed. What could have been wrong with Peter Pan?

Sponsored Links:
17th Apr, 2004 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Cuba Problem Pan Peter

They kept asking about the book Peter Pan, that they had. Where they received it, why they were bringing it, what they were planning on doing with it. Eventually, the book had to be left with a security person in the airport before the plane departed.  What could have been wrong with Peter Pan? 

I never heard such a thing in my life!. Maybe they thought the person was trying to promote the book? I don't know. Maybe there was something more than just the Peter Pan book.

17th Apr, 2004 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

Peter Pan, A Problem In Cuba? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Something doesn't sound quite right about this story. It makes absolutely no sense. Unless there is some law about taking certain "classic" literature out of the country. I am sure that either we aren't getting the full story OR we aren't getting the full story. smile.gif

Perhaps the person who experienced this didn't get the full story either. Maybe the person who kept the book wasn't able to adequately explain why because of a language barrier, but if this really happened, I believe there is some kind of an explanation that we are missing.

10th Aug, 2007 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Cuba Problem Pan Peter

Peter Pan was a codeword for an event which children were taken from their parents or sent to USA to live with relatives or strangers in the hope that the US Cuban was going to be solved quickly. It didn't and many Cubans on both sides were angered by the red tape in uniting with their families. The Elian Gonzalez episode in another time warp!

> TOPIC: Peter Pan, A Problem In Cuba?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,