Terrorism Around The World - Page 4 of 10

Nighthawk did say: QUOTE Dubhdara, while I - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Oct, 2004 - 10:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »
Global Terrorism Although this Thread covers Terrorist attacks around the world there are also Threads that cover Terrorism in specific countries. Do a search to find them if this one is too general and you need more specific information.
6th Sep, 2004 - 11:15am / Post ID: #

Terrorism Around The World - Page 4

I have read a couple of extremely good articles (commentary) prompted by the recent hostage situation in Russia where hundreds of children were killed at an elementary school.

Both came from the Naomi Ragen newsletter.

Who is the Enemy?
https://archive.mail-list.com/naomiragen/msg00668.html

I have not been able to recover from the terrorist attack in Beslan.
Terrorism is not the enemy.  Terrorism is a tactic of the enemy.  Who,
then, is the enemy that fights all those who identify with the
civilized world -- the world in which children and their mothers are
cherished and protected, even in war?  The world in which school
buildings, and ambulances, and hospitals, and holy places are
respected and left out of armed conflicts as neutral zones?  The world
in which children are taught to love thy neighbor, even if he is
different and follows another religion?  A world in which there
can be no excuse for wiring a school building with explosives,
starving children and shooting them and their mothers in the back when
they cry, and finally blowing up the roof over their heads, burying
hundreds in rubble?

A Cry from an Arab American over the Russian Children
https://archive.mail-list.com/naomiragen/msg00669.html

Among the Chechnyan terrorists that did the unspeakable in a Russian
school yesterday were reported to be several Arabs.  I am not
surprised, but how many Arabs in the Middle East even try to connect
the dots and link their current Radical culture of Islam to these
unspeakable deeds around the world?  They simply do not see the
connection and unfortunately the world media is not doing its job in
telling the Arab World about it.  CNN feels that being "objective" is
never to blame Arab culture and end up supportive of Arab views in its
delivery of news in the Middle East and around the world.

There are some excellent points brought up in both of these articles.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
6th Sep, 2004 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

World The Terrorism

This absolutely breaks my heart. Who are these people? Why would they target a school filled with children? "Atrocity" is too mild a word... sometimes I lament that language cannot define the strength of emotions we feel; and yet, to have such horror in the world is unthinkable -- so how can we pin a mere word on it?

I grieve with those parents, siblings, neighbors, and friends of the dead.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

7th Sep, 2004 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Terrorism Around The World History & Civil Business Politics

I was at the back today when I was watching CNN news again showing images about what happened in Russia and I started crying, everytime I see those images, I cannot stop crying...even more because I am also a mother and any of those children could have been my own son. I am extremely angry about the whole thing and those beasts who committed such atrocity deserve to suffer the worst and die in the worst of the conditions. Sorry if I sound too strong, I'm just very angry at this present moment.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

7th Sep, 2004 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Page 4 World The Terrorism

You are just saying what we all feel.

What is frightening is that if this keeps going on (and it certainly will), we (the civilized West) are going to reach a point where we can't put up with it anymore. I just read a blog entry somewhere that went into this in great detail (click here) about possible reactions. I tend to agree with the author very much.

These people have turned themselves into monsters. They could not achieve their goals as men and so they became monsters. Having little weapons and less courage, they decided they would fight a poor man's war by arming themselves with horror and viciousness not even seen among animals.

It is only self-restraint that keeps men from fighting horror and demonic viciousness with horror and demonic viciousness.

They only have their "advantage," such as it is, so long as we are inclined to yield it to them.

And what happens when we are no longer so inclined? What happens when we too decide that terror can be our weapon?

They haven't considered the inevitable end result of their actions. They cannot win with terrorism. They can only cause us to become animals ourselves, but in becoming animals, we become far deadlier than they could ever be.

They really ought to stop and ponder that.

In the US, we still argue about it all. I recognize that other people view this differently than I do. I see it as a war for survival, a war to keep Western Civilization even partly alive, a war to protect the idea of liberty and personal freedom. There are a lot of people who think it is all about "oil" and "capitalism" and Haliburton. But the discussion is healthy, because it provides a check against the extremely possible abuse of our power.

But the more that these animals prey on the innocent, the more they perform these horrible atrocities, the more people are going to stop arguing. One day, the argument will end, and we might, as the author said above, descend to their level. When that happens, it will really be horrible to consider.

I really hope that something happens to stop this cycle before we descend to that point. At the same time, I have to admit that in my own private fantasies, when I see and hear about these attacks on innocent people, I dream of being one of Robert A. Heinlein's Mobile Infantry from Starship Troopers, and being able to walk through the cities of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, "Palestine, Chechnya, etc, drawing the fire of all the "militants" and being able to target them back. Maybe it is the dormant warrior spark within me, but I am tired of hearing about innocent people being targeted by these cowards. I want to see them PAY.

I think that Russia might be approaching this point. Let's hope that some Chechnans will survive.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

7th Sep, 2004 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

World The Terrorism

We need to be careful with our attitude toward terrorists.

The real terrorists do not get themselves killed, the real terrorists know the action is in the reaction; that what they do will bring about certain justifications that were not likely without people first being stirred up through their various channels.

Very little is what it seems in this world.

Agents provocateurs or facilitation are nearly always to blame for the kind of things we have seen in Russia recently.

Let usnot forget that China and Russia have committed atrocities on a scale that Chechnans could never hope to match.

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2004 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Terrorism Around The World

FIVE GOVERNORS SENT LETTERS RIGGED WITH MATCHES

At least five Western and Midwestern governors received envelopes in the mail
Thursday rigged to ignite when opened. In Montana, the envelope prompted the
evacuation of part of the state Capitol.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/09/...n.ap/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Oct, 2004 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism The World - Page 4

Here is some more news about the Russian school incident.
Click here for the Dow Jones story.

Al-Qaida is using the recent deadly hostage crisis at a Russian school as a recruiting tool, even though there's no direct evidence linking Osama bin Laden's terror network to the attack carried out by Chechen rebels, NBC News reported Tuesday.

Citing a posting on the Internet, NBC News said an al-Qaida statement celebrates the deadly attack in the southern Russian city of Beslan. The posting claims the attack changed the course of the war between Chechen insurgents and Russia and urges Muslims to send money and fighters to Chechnya.

Dubhdara, while I agree that some (most) governments may be involved in these types of things, I really believe that the Islamist movement is far worse, and truly, deeply involved in these terrorist incidents. There are certainly "masterminds" on the outside provoking the terrorists in all situations, but I don't think they are Russian or American. I think they are Saudi Arabian, Iranian, Syrian, etc.

Message Edited!
JB@Trinidad: You had the quote tage mixed with a closed URL tag - corrected

1st Oct, 2004 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism The World Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Nighthawk did say:

Dubhdara, while I agree that some (most) governments may be involved in these types of things, I really believe that the Islamist movement is far worse, and truly, deeply involved in these terrorist incidents. There are certainly "masterminds" on the outside provoking the terrorists in all situations, but I don't think they are Russian or American. I think they are Saudi Arabian, Iranian, Syrian, etc.

I do not doubt there are Islamic terrorists. But communists, chiefly acting our of the major powers, infiltrate and control certain things and create buffer states. An example of this is Syria which Russia often uses as an agent so that it appears itself not to be to blame.

Yasser Arafat is an example of a native convert to communism who acts according to his international masters' will.

The worst horror of terrorism is the reality that the money and orders come from those closer to us than we think. We think we know the hearts of men abroad but understand not the hearts of those in our own lands.

I wish it were not so but the more I learn the more I must accept it.

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Terrorism Around The World

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,