Mormon Plagiarism

Mormon Plagiarism - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Apr, 2014 - 1:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
The main focus here is where Members take the words of others from the Ensign, stories and other published material and present it as though it was written by them without crediting the original author.
25th Sep, 2011 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Plagiarism

A point of debate... What are your thoughts about the way in which people give talks quoting from books and other people but not giving them credit. Plagiarism in public speech is actually quite common and can lead people to believe that you are giving something original when it is actually stolen.

Sponsored Links:
25th Sep, 2011 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Plagiarism Mormon

I believe I read somewhere the need to quote source and speakers when giving talks. Unfortunately, few don't do it and the talk becomes just a mere repetition of what you read on the Ensign or other books. In one word: BORING.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2012 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Plagiarism Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Goldie

Comments: What is the reason Mormons read so much talks taken from the Gospel Principles book and the Ensign magazine? Is it because they have no real spiritual experiences of their own to share? Why not share stories about Jesus... he can always be used for any teaching setting.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2014 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Plagiarism Mormon

Name: WilfordW

Comments: Anyone here ever find themselves grossly unimpressed by talks that are just read from the Ensign or not prepared at all? I usually just open up my scriptures and start reading. I know others that take a short nap, but I can't do that.

19th Apr, 2014 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Plagiarism Mormon

I am always turn off when I hear speakers reading the WHOLE TALK from a Church magazine. I saw this on Sunday and the thing that caught my attention was when the speaker finished reading someone else talk and said "And now to finish my talk..."

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2014 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Mormon Plagiarism

Name: WilfordW

Comments: Yeah some of them do not give just credit to the author and claim the words as though they wrote it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Apr, 2014 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Plagiarism

Yes, but I try to listen anyways because there is always something to learn. We shouldn't be so proud to think we cannot learn just because their talk someone is reading their talk.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2014 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Mormon Plagiarism
A Friend

Mormon Plagiarism Mormon Doctrine Studies

Personally I like the prepare a talk tool on the churches website, I've prepared several talks from it, gives general information about the topic, scriptural references, and links to ensign articles. It is about the easiest way to prepare a talk, no excuses for just reading a long article.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormon Plagiarism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,