Dubhdara Introduction

Dubhdara Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 25th Apr, 2004 - 10:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
LDS / Politics
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2004 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Seasoned
[?] CPosts: 315
Flag Posts: 328
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.2%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 30

Dubhdara Introduction

Well,

I am posting ANOTHER intro because the last one didn't work wink.gif

Hope this one does - I'm not going to type it all again.

Dubhdara.

Message Edited!
Persephone: This forum's purpose is not to promote other sites. Use your profile if you wish to add a URL to your web site or go to the Architech's place of promotion: https://www.ads.bordeglobal.net

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 17th Apr, 2004 - 5:46pm
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2004 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Dubhdara

Welcome to the forum, but I do believe you need to review the rules as well as look over the FAQ board, both indicate that you must post an intro to see the threads. I suggest you update your profile.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2004 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.4%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Dubhdara Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

dubhdara, welcome aboard!. It is nice to have another member of the Church here. Hope you have a great time in our forum and can enjoy as much as I do. Please feel free to search the boards around and start posting, that's how we get to know you. smile.gif All the best.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2004 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.3%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Introduction Dubhdara

Welcome to the Forum! We are glad to have you here. I see you've already begun exploring the boards -- that's great! I look forward to reading more of your interesting posts. We welcome your positive participation.

Welcome, and enjoy.
Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2004 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Seasoned

Introduction Dubhdara

Thank you for a warm welcome,

I assure you that I did post an initial welcome message and it did not appear (to my knowledge).

I am confused as to the rules. You say not to promote commercial sites / run ads (except in the place designated for that). I have never done so but have had three posts edited - one of which was admittedly off topic.

Having read the forum rules for the board I can honestly say I have not violated them.

The site is a little confusing. I cannot see any FAQ link. How do I set up email alerts to notify me of posts to forums I have either started or am "watching" - and how do I set a watch?

Very eclectic all this! wink.gif

Dubhdara.

Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 17th Apr, 2004 - 5:46pm
Signature:
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2004 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,014
Flag Posts: 51,671
Avg: 6.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,577.10 FP
Charm: 394

Dubhdara Introduction

When a post it is edited the reason why is also given. If it is deleted then the moderator or administrator will Email you with the reason. If you did not get an Email then you may have to check your inbox for spam filtering.

I cannot see any FAQ link.

Not to make you look bad, but notice how the word 'FAQ' is in red in your post? If you click on it then you will be taken to the FAQ board. In addition to this if you use the Site Map you will find ALL boards and features on this site.

Your other questions will also be answered there, but there is some help:

Posting Links to External Web Sites
How to Keep Updated

Check the FAQ Board for more info!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2004 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Seasoned

Dubhdara Introduction

Never come across such a complex board in my life wink.gif

Thanks for the help; I have my contrast down low and
it's not easy to see those links (bad eyes).

I will use links only for reference. But can I link to a
book as a reference (such as a review of it - where
no doubt it will be also be able to be purchased)? Or
just the title and author with no link so the reader
can do a search?

Best,

Dubhdara.

Signature:
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2004 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,014
Flag Posts: 51,671
Avg: 6.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,577.10 FP
Charm: 394

Dubhdara Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Never come across such a complex board in my life

I would not say it is complexed, it has rules and guidelines, it is obvious that if you do not familiarize yourself with the rules, tips, Read Mes, etc that you will make that mistake, BUT do understand that we see this (not knowing the rules, etc) as normal since you are new. I feel you are genuine in your interest here and we are merely helping you along the way. The forum has a 'controlled' environment to ensure that input is at a respectable, mature level, and it may seem tough at first, but later you will actually see and benefit from it in more ways that you know.

But can I link to a book as a reference (such as a review of it - where
no doubt it will be also be able to be purchased)?

You can reference a book only if it is part of the subject matter at hand and not the main focus, but you are not to post anything about how to purchase it etc since this is considered to be advertising. An alternative is to use the off topic tag (check the FAQ board on how to make them) and say something like: 'If anyone wants to know how to buy this book then please PM me'. Also, keep in mind that we have a Classifieds section that you can freely place whatever ad you wish without restriction so long as it is not fraudulent or a pyramid scheme.

By the way, we have various skins here if your eyes are giving you trouble. Try the Winter theme. Hope that helps you.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Dubhdara Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,