Do Other Posters Intimidate You?

Do Posters Intimidate You - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 23rd May, 2004 - 1:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Please, no, don't make me...
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2004 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Are you afraid to post a message sometimes because you are afraid of getting rebuked or offending others? If so, which board are you most afraid of?

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2004 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

You Intimidate Posters Do

I try to be careful in how I word my posts so as to avoid offending others. I generally think that people are courteous here even when disagreeing. Ocassionally a post gets out of hand in my opinion. Usually this is done when the poster is new and hasn't yet adapted their posting style to the way we like to treat each other here.

I do hesitate to post in certain threads because I don't like the tone of them, but it isn't that I am afraid of being flamed so much as it is that I don't enjoy such heated discussions. I come to this site for uplifiting conversation not contention. I think disagreements are fine. In fact, if everyone agreed all the time there would be no point to posting at all. However, some threads, in my opinion are too combative for my tastes. I read most of them, but reply to few.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2004 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do Other Posters Intimidate You? Feedback & FAQ News Community

laugh.gif.. when i saw posters i was thinking.. movie posters or something and i was like.. uh o JB's done lost his mind he posted in the wrong board.. laugh.gif... j/k

but no i don't think it really phases me any by who the poster is.. most of the time its the topic for me thats hard to talk about... or lack of experience of the topic.. i like to speak my mind about something, and if people don't like the way i feel they can always ignore it, or try and come back with a smarter comment.. but of course there is u JB.. we are all scared of u!!!.. laugh.gif...j/p

23rd Apr, 2004 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

but of course there is u JB.. we are all scared of u!!!

We all? not me!!!! smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

No, other posters do not intimidate me. I like to express my views with others, my english limitation sometimes gets me in trouble, specially when I want to write one thing and the other person perceived it in another 'light'.

23rd Apr, 2004 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

Hmm I'm not really intimidated by anyone, but I do worry about being intimidating myself! Sometimes I think I can come across a little harsh when I'm just trying to make a point, but I don't mean to be overbearing. I do wish I had LDS_forever's aplomb at handling some of the errant posters smile.gif She's awesome!

Roz

22nd May, 2004 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Farseer, you harsh? Nah, not at all, you are far from MrSmith, believe me. wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2004 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Do Posters Intimidate You

I do wish I had LDS_forever's aplomb at handling some of the errant posters

laugh.gif I didn't know I had that ability. Since English is not my first language I try to explain myself with more words than are necessary. I need to master my English to such degree where I could use the fancy words you all use and all wink.gif. Nobody intimidates me in any way, in or outside the forum.

23rd May, 2004 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Do Posters Intimidate You Community News FAQ & Feedback

I havent been intimidated yet by any forum members. I know tenaheff and myself have disagreed on a certain topic wink.gif but I enjoy those types of posts, because they make the topic more interesting and easier to post too. JB hasnt intimidated me yet, maybe I havent said the right or wrong things yet biggrin.gif

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Do Other Posters Intimidate You?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,