Uptime Or Downtime?

Uptime Downtime - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 15th Feb, 2005 - 8:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Are we always here to serve you?
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2004 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Uptime Or Downtime?

In general, when you come to this forum is up and running for you or do you find that it is offline for some reason? What percentage would you give for uptime?

Sponsored Links:
21st May, 2004 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

Downtime Uptime

When I first joined you were having trouble with uptime. However, since your last server move, many months ago, I have had no trouble connecting at all. You are up all the time! I am glad too, because I am very addicted to this forum and would suffer great withdrawal if I couldn't connect when I wanted to. :computer:

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 21st May, 2004 - 5:15pm

21st May, 2004 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Uptime Or Downtime? Feedback & FAQ News Community

Since I joined the forum has been up all the time. The only problem I have had is I lost a post one time. It was a good one too, took me a while to write up and then boom, I lost it when I attempted to add. Anyways cry.gif

21st May, 2004 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Downtime Uptime

How did you loose this post?

TIP: What I often do just before I post is just copy it to the clipboard until I can ensure everything is okay.

21st May, 2004 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Downtime Uptime

I lost the post when I clicked Add Reply. I received the timer, and then a blank page. By the time I got back to the thread, the post was not out there. I realize saving to the clipboard is wise, especially when the threads are long, but I usually dont do so because it involves an extra step (yes I am lazy tongue.gif )

22nd May, 2004 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

Uptime Or Downtime?

Hmmm... that is strange, it must have been a connection problem, I am sorry about that. The script does have a feature that if something goes wrong it will give you the 'watch dog' and then post your text in a box below the error message, but a blank page... well that is a whole other scenario.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2004 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Uptime Downtime

Alex, I always try to copy my post, specially if it is too long on notepad, and then I just copy and paste, I have lost several posts in the past and they were really longgggg posts and I learnt my lesson. smile.gif

15th Feb, 2005 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Uptime Downtime Community News FAQ & Feedback

The other night we had some downtime due to server trouble but generally I think we are doing loads better than we did when using YaBB, in fact I doubt YaBB could have ever taken the strain this script does and we would have experienced more downtime - thanks be to MySQL.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Uptime Or Downtime?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,