San Graal - Holy Grail?

San Graal Holy Grail - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 14th May, 2006 - 2:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th Mar, 2004 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

San Graal - Holy Grail?

Have you read the book The Da Vince Code? I am currently reading it and it has left me wondering what part of the story is truth and what is fiction. Now, I don't want to just discuss the book. I Don't want to ruin it for myself (not yet finished) or others who may choose to read it, but I would like to discuss the topic of the book...The Holy Grail.

What do you know about it? One of the things the book mentions is that the story of the "true" Holy Grail are all around us. It speaks of some movies, etc. What got me really thinking though was a comment about leaving one astrological sign (referred to as age) which we have been in for 2,000 years and moving into another. The one we have just moved into is supposedly Aquarius. Does this mean the song that was popular in the early 70's "Age of Aquarius" is one of those references in disguise to the true nature of the Grail?

What are your thoughts on this subject? Not just about my reference to the song, but in general. If you have read the book, you have a better understanding of what my questions are relative to. If you haven't, I think you should. It is fascinating. I just really wonder what is fact and what is fiction in the story.

Sponsored Links:
13th Mar, 2004 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Grail Holy Graal San

The book that is easiest to get to on this subject is The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail. I read most of it years ago. While it is roundly condemned by the Catholic church and many Protestant churches, it does present a LOT of information. In fact, Dan Brown mentions it somewhere in The DaVinci Code, as a source of information.

Personally, I do believe the basic premise is right, that Jesus was married. For various reasons, I think He was married to three women, Mary Magdelene, Martha, and Mary (Martha's sister). The Holy Grail legend seems to only focus on Mary Magdelene.

One of the interesting sidenotes of the whole Holy Blood idea is that Princess Di was supposed to have been from the Merovingian line, through the Sinclairs of Scotland, which would make her son, who is second in line for the throne, the next Merovingian eligible to rule.

NightHawk

15th Mar, 2004 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

San Graal - Holy Grail? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

One of the interesting sidenotes of the whole Holy Blood idea is that Princess Di was supposed to have been from the Merovingian line, through the Sinclairs of Scotland, which would make her son, who is second in line for the throne, the next Merovingian eligible to rule.

That is interesting. More so because her oldest son will presumably one day be the head of the Church of England as all reigning British monarchs are.

Post Date: 14th May, 2006 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

San Graal - Holy Grail?
A Friend

Grail Holy Graal San

The idea of the Holy Grail actually existing is rather amusing in todays day and age considering the legend didn't come into existence for hundreds of years after the supposed death of Christ. However, giving credence to it because it has lasted so long, one has to at least look at the evidence. I got the opportunity to watch a History channel special on it, it was enlightening to say the least.

It showed that the majority of things used to trace the San Graal back to Christ actually had documented reasons and symbolism when they were created that was not related in any way to Christ. Evidence completely obliterated almost every single piece of this completely fictional story. They also included other commonly held beliefs and legends regarding the holy grail.

Since the Holy Grail has been founded on beliefs and principles that he stood for, its really a matter of faith to some people. If the Holy Grail is truly the royal blood line of Christ, that would have to mean that somewhere there is a person that is truly of the line of God, they are at least part God since they are born of Christs seed. On the outset that appears to be blasphemy to most religions as with the idea of Christ having a wife. Plenty of documents support the idea the Christ have a wife, but they also support other things and ideas that contradict what any church today believes. So you can't take the one thing out of those writings and throw the rest out.

I personally believe that the Holy Grail in and of itself is just legend passed down from one person to the other. No royal heir, no sacred cup, just typical legend that spawns from one generation to the next getting more and more fantastic as time goes on. Christianity is not exempt from humans inability to get a story straight from one person to the next. Like the telephone game that children play, its very entertaining to watch, but in the end, isn't real that close to what it started out as.

> TOPIC: San Graal - Holy Grail?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,