Wag The Dog

Wag Dog - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th May, 2006 - 12:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

A discussion on how far government leaders will go...
29th Apr, 2004 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Wag The Dog

Have you seen the film, 'Wag the Dog'? If you have then you will understand the jest of this thread. However, please understand, this is not a movie review, I merely used it as an example or starting point. Governments operate on a need to know basis. If they didn't have to tell the truth they probably never will, but do you think generally democratic governments go to extremes to stay in power? By extreme we are talking about - murder, creating wars, etc.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
29th Apr, 2004 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

Dog Wag

No, I don't think that, in general, democratic or republican governments go to extremes. However, certain individuals may.

As an example, as Bill Clinton was facing impeachment, he took the only real action of his whole administration against terror. He bombed an empty building in Baghdad, and an asprin factory in the Sudan (both at night). The Democrats and the media made a big deal about how firm he was about terroristm at that time, but the conservatives noticed the distinct similarities to the movie, Wag the Dog.

It didn't save him from impeachment, either.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

16th May, 2004 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Wag The Dog History & Civil Business Politics

If I knew of a genuinely republican government I might be able to answer the question wink.gif

But I do believe modern governments will go to any extreme. I do not want to believe that but I have read and seen too much to believe otherwise. The US Government's facilitation of the Pearl Harbor attack in order to get the American people behind them in going to war simply has too much evidence to dismiss.
See, for example:
https://www.freedomforceinternational.org/p...urecalling3.pdf

However, in support of Nighthawk, I would certainly resist the idea that the whole government (at least in the UK and the US and other "free" countries) is filled with those who would go to extremes. There are good men in Parliament and in Congress, but their influence is so small now...

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Post Date: 5th May, 2006 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Wag The Dog
A Friend

Dog Wag

I absolutely loved this movie, but it bothered me too. The question is has this time of thing happened before? The opinions in this thread seem sure that our government or the UK government wouldn't do this, but do you really know? What would you do if you found out that our government had participated in doing this? In fact, what you any of us do if we found out that the likes of the moon landing was completely faked, or that the first war in Iraq was largely forged? Its definitely something to think about because when you think about it, how much do you really know about our government? For that matter, how much do you REALLY trust them?

> TOPIC: Wag The Dog

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,