[news] An Unjust Conviction Overturned

[news] Unjust Conviction Overturned - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th May, 2005 - 9:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

30th Apr, 2004 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Today, at 10:00 AM, eastern time, a man unjustly accused and convicted will finally be released, after serving over 18 years for crimes that were never even committed, by anyone.

His name is Gerald Amirault.

In 1986, he was convicted of child abuse and molestation, based on the fantasy testimony of 4 and 5 year old children who were coached in what they were to say by parents and prosecutors.

The whole story is very interesting.

Read it here:
https://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/fe...ml?id=110005023
(you may have to register, you may not)

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st May, 2004 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overturned Conviction Unjust news

Yes, it is a shame to see an innocent man spend so long behind bars. But from what I can gather from the article he wasn't aquitted but released on parole so his chances of receiving compensation will be slim. It's a pity they don't tell us how the mother and sister were tied into all this.

28th May, 2004 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

[news] An Unjust Conviction Overturned History & Civil Business Politics

Some more news about the Amirault case. This is good news, about how he is doing now that he is out of prison.

https://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/fe...ml?id=110005141

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 28th May, 2004 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I thought it was by law that you receive some type of compensation. It's only fair , that man's whole life has been wasted. They just can't drop him off at the gate and say " have a nice day, sorry".

5th May, 2005 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

This case is somehow similar to one happened in Romania. A man was imprisoned for a robbery and after some time (I can't remember exactly - 9 to 12 months), an other guy confessed doing the robbery (among other things). The authorities released the first guy, he went to court and the state had to pay him his salary for the period he was imprisoned and some moral compensation (not a symbolic one I can tell you). So I guess Amirault should do the same ... go to court and demand compensation.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 19 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.9%

5th May, 2005 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

I live in Massachusetts and am familiar with this case. It wasn't overturned as I understand it. He was paroled. His sister and mother were let out early, but I don't believe their convictions were overturned either.

Since the convictions were not overturned, there is no compensation necessary. I, personally, believe they are all innocent. It is highly unlikely, in my mind, that all three of them would have been sexual predators, which is what we have to believe to accept them as guilty. It is possible one of them was/is, but not all three.

I think this case was unfair and I am glad he is finally out of jail.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: [news] An Unjust Conviction Overturned

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,