The Worth Of Life - Page 2 of 2

If I had a way out I would probably try and - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Jun, 2004 - 6:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
A discussion on when saving yourself may not necessarily be the right thing to do...
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2004 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

The Worth Of Life
A Friend

The Worth Of Life - Page 2

I agree with Gaucho, what good are dead hostages? Even in death is certain, my escape could result in their capture, and the hostage's release. If I don't try, we all die and that is that sad.gif .

Sponsored Links:
13th Jun, 2004 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Life Worth The

That is my thought as well -- what if by escaping, I can change the outcome? And what of my family, and the families of the others? I would have to take the chance to try to release all of the hostages.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

13th Jun, 2004 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

The Worth Of Life History & Civil Business Politics

I want to remind everyone that the original post did not suggest everyone would be killed in either case. That was added later as a "what if" to see if it would change our position. My position was stated under both questions. I would be curious to hear from those who have answered if you opinion is the same in both scenarios or if it differs depending upon the original scenario vs the second added thought.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

14th Jun, 2004 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Life Worth The

My answer would still be the same -- there is the risk of death either way. Trust a kidnapper to say they won't kill you if you don't try to escape?? Ri-i-i-i-ight.

If I had a solid escape option, then there would be a chance of changing the situation.

IMO
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2004 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

The Worth Of Life
A Friend

Life Worth The

If I had a way out I would probably try and include the other hostages in the escape. If only one of us I could leave I would probably make one of the others aware of the escape route and try to get them to take it. If worse came to worst I would probably try and create a diversion to help the other hostages escape.

Not that I'm heroic or anything, I just tend to value the safety of others above my own.

I think I would do this in both situations that were mentioned.

Reconcile Edited: Ramsus on 14th Jun, 2004 - 6:05pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Worth Of Life

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,