Are You Forgetful? - Page 2 of 3

I am really forgetful, but not if it's - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 21st Dec, 2004 - 5:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Simply put, do you think you are a forgetful person?
  Yes       69.23%
  No       30.77%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
What is normal, what is not...
12th May, 2004 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Are You Forgetful? - Page 2

Tena, you are very young. I think it may due to stress. I find that when I'm really stress out, I forget almost everything and I cannot focus in anything. Maybe doing some Yoga or some kind of relaxation technique may help you.

Sponsored Links:
19th Dec, 2004 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Forgetful Are

I would consider myself a forgetful person, and unfortunately, this has begun to affect my performance at work. As I am progressing through my career, I am being given more responsibilities, and lately, I've dropped the ball on a few of them because I simply forgot. My manager and I have discussed how best we could work on me being reminded about these responsibilities; whether they be a high priority or not. A low priority task may be low priority at the time, but if not completed, could develop into a high priority one.
I have started looking into tools at work such as Lotus Notes Calendar and plugins for our messaging software. These have helped tremendously so far. Does anyone have any other tips or tricks that they use in the workplace to keep on top of responsibilities or assigned tasks? Thanks!

19th Dec, 2004 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Are You Forgetful? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Does anyone have any other tips or tricks that they use in the workplace to keep on top of responsibilities or assigned tasks?

Since I am also a very forgetful person what I do at work is as soon as I know I have to do something very important, I would just take several of those little paper-stickers with bright colors and write down what I need to do and place it all over my desk and shelves. It really helps me.

19th Dec, 2004 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Forgetful Are

I used to do that (the sticky notes) but that has become a security violation at my job, because we have customers who come through the building, so we have to keep confidential information locked up. That is why I am forced to use electronic means of keeping on top of things.

19th Dec, 2004 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Forgetful Are

Malexander, are you concerned about your forgetfulness? Did you check with the doctor?. Are you under a lot of stress?. Here I found some tips to improve memory, I hope it helps. wink.gif

TIPS TO IMPROVE MEMORY

"¢ Do crossword puzzles.
"¢ Exercise. It'll help your mind as well as your body.
"¢ Play a musical instrument
"¢ Get some confidence. If you're going into a party or meeting and know who'll be there, try to go over their names in your head. Speak them out loud if possible.
"¢ Concentrate. When you're introduced to someone new, look them in the eye, and say their name a few times silently. Try to associate their name with their face. Try to speak to the person again before you leave and address him or her by name.
"¢ Avoid alcohol.
"¢ Reduce stress.

I also found this interesting article:

https://preventdisease.com/news/articles/fo...ns_family.shtml

19th Dec, 2004 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Are You Forgetful?

Thanks for asking LDS_forever. I am a bit concerned because there will be times someone will introduce themselves to me, and a minute later I have no idea what their name is. I am very good with faces; I can pick someone out as familiar a few years later, but I am dreadful with names. Back to the topic of this discussion, I am concerned that my forgetfulness will hurt my chances at a promotion at work, and that is why I was looking for ideas on helping with remembering in the workplace. I haven't consulted a doctor yet about this, but I think it will probably boil down to stress in my life.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Dec, 2004 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

Are Forgetful - Page 2

Um. What was the question?

Oh, yeah. Forgetfulness. Yep. I forget lots of stuff, all the time. (For instance, I forgot to feed my Munjpets here and both died.)

At work, I keep a list of ongoing and recurring Tasks in MS Outlook. I can set reminders for them, as well, and these pop up at specified times on my desktop. What I do at the beginning of each week is print out a list of the next 7 days' tasks and tape them to the wall or under my keyboard. Then as I do them, I check them off on the printed list and in the Tasks. Now that I have two employees, I have a list of who is handling which task, when it was signed out to them and when it's returned. It's a very helpful feature!

If I didn't also keep a personal calendar of family birthdays and anniversaries, I'd be lost! I don't do the printed list thing, but I do have a calendar. Part of my problem is low thyroid, part is stress, and part is aging (I think).

Roz

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2004 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Are You Forgetful?
A Friend

Are Forgetful Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I am really forgetful, but not if it's super important. Usually if it's incredibly important, I at least remember that I'm supposed to be remembering something important. I'm the type of person that when I go to a store, like Wal-Mart, I park on the same aisle so I don't lose my car.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Are You Forgetful?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,