Chechyna

Chechyna - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Sep, 2006 - 4:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Is Russia losing control?
Post Date: 11th May, 2004 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Chechyna

The question for discussion is this... Is it right that each group, sect, or community that feels it should not be part of Russia have the right to fight for independence? If yes, then where is the limit? If no, then how will Russia ever gain control?

BOMB KILLS THE PRESIDENT OF CHECHNYA
A bomb exploded in a stadium in Chechnya's capital on Sunday, killing the republic's president and delivering a severe blow to efforts by President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia to end the long, deadly conflict in the region.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...62175%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
11th May, 2004 - 9:16am / Post ID: #

Chechyna

I believe it is right for countries to fight for their own independence. When the communist government "fell" (read: changed names) in Russia in '89 all the commissars who controlled the regions of Russia (read: enaslved countries) simply took of their communist hats and put on the hats of "social democrats" (read: a name more acceptable to the West but which really means communism).

We must ask why the commissars did not themselves change if the fall was genuine.

As for Putin, he is in my opinion no friend to liberty or peace. Independent countries wil always trump regional governments. The less power evil men have, the better. Would you prefer a Saddam over Iraq or a Saddam over a league of Arab states? I rest my case.

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2006 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Chechyna History & Civil Business Politics

CHECHNYA NEEDS A NEW NAME, PRESIDENT SAYS

After years of making headlines for violent warfare, kidnappings and corruption, Chechnya needs a name change as part of an image makeover, the republic's president says.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...chnya-name.html

> TOPIC: Chechyna

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,