Events Before Second Coming - Page 4 of 7

"How portentous are the words of revelation - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Mar, 2007 - 6:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
31st Dec, 2004 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Events Before Second Coming - Page 4

With the recent tsunami, this message really caught my attention. It is from a yahoo group that I participate in. In order to read messages in this group, people must be members of the group, so I will post the entire message here.

I find this information incredibly compelling.

NightHawk

Dr. John P. Pratt has discovered and built a convincing case that God actually uses sacred calendars, which he has revealed, for scheduling key religious events such as the birth, baptism and resurrection of Jesus Christ. These discoveries have been published in separate articles over the last twenty years. His writings have appeared on the Internet LDS site Meridian magazine and in the Ensign.

We hear on the television and radio reports that the tsunami was "of biblical proportions."

Dr. Pratt sent the following brief e-mail in regard to the recent Tsunami and his belief that it ties in with his sacred calendar research in that it is very likely God speaking out in the form of one of his warnings to the inhabitants of the earth on the day of The Feast of the Trumpets, on the Enoch Fixed Calendar (not to be confused with the Feast of Trumpets, or Rosh Hashanah - New Year’s Day, in the month of Tishri - September/October, Gregorian - of the Hebrew Calendar), in conjunction with a 364 year cycle.

God used the sounding of the trumpet in various ways with Israel. It was used to call the people to repentance, to awake from sin. It was used to remind them of the covenants He had with His people which showed His mercy and grace toward them. On blowing the horn on New Year’s Day it was to remind them of their short comings and sin.

Thus, Pratt surmises it is "the beginning of the winding up scene for the earth when the trumpets will sound, causing earthquakes, to warn the inhabitants of the earth of the impending judgments."

I'm sure there will be more on this in the near future by Dr. Pratt. If, indeed, there is anything to this and Dr. Pratt is on the right track, certainly we have received a tap on the shoulder and will stay tuned for any future events, commentary and word from our church leaders. In the meantime, I wanted to share this quick thought and following e-mail with you that it may serve to help increase your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We are living in interesting times - the end times, the last days. Surely we will witness many things made familiar to us from our reading and studying of scripture and the pronouncements of general authorities, past and present.
Rich Kuchinsky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent : Tuesday, December 28, 2004 9:33 AM
Subject : Tsunami, Trumpets and Enoch Calendar

To all interested in my work on Sacred Calendars,

I must apologize for failing to mention three important dates on my 2004 and 2005 Sacred Wall Calendars (both still available, see link removed.

One was the day of the Feast of Trumpets on the Enoch Fixed Calendar in the year of ATONEMENT on that calendar. That day only occurs once in 364 years, but this particular time is also at the beginning of the winding up scene for the earth when the
trumpets will sound, causing earthquakes, to warn the inhabitants of the earth of the impending judgments.

The importance of that date was just made clear with the Great Earthquake of 2004 which occurred two days ago on that very Sunday morning (26 Dec 2004) about 7 a.m., just after the beginning of the day 13 Dragon on the Sacred Round. As you all
know by now, that 9.0 earthquake caused a tsunami which hit some of the most luxurious beaches on that Sabbath morning. That fact that it happened on that day leaves no doubt in my mind that it is indeed the sound of a trumpet meant to awaken the inhabitants of the earth.

There were only three earthquakes of 9 or greater in all of the
1900s.

The two other dates which were left off my 2005 calendar are Tue 4 Jan 2005 which is the day of Atonement in the Year of ATONEMENT on the Enoch Fixed Calendar, and also the day Sat 8 Jan 2005 which is the Feast of Tabernacles that year and also
the day 13 Quake, symbolizing a day of large Earthquakes. I have no idea whether there will be a large aftershock of the earthquake on one of those days, but it wouldn't surprise me, because it would be a second witness that the hand of God is
definitely involved.

Attempting to keep you alerted to the signs of the times,
John Pratt

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2005 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Events Before Second Coming
A Friend

Coming Second Events

I sometimes wonder if catostrophic natural events like this are signs from God. Consider the following post from another LDS message board:

Think about all that you are saying about disasters as being "warnings." How is destroying fishing villiges and the lives of some of the world's poorest people a "warning" for the world to modify certain behavior?

You are after all, arguing for conditioning. God says to behave this way, people behave that way, wham, they get their fingers slapped. In order for this to work at all, there has to be some structure to it. there should be more of an identifiable pattern. Without that pattern, all you do is confuse your subjects. It would be like spanking your kids randomly, "the good along with the bad," disconnected from any particular actions on their part with the instructions that "some of you, need to behave differently." God would have to be the most ignorant behaviorist that ever set up a practice on Kolob. There is no warning here. It would be like scribling on a piece of paper and giving it to someone as an "urgent message."

Not saying I agree with the above post but I understand his point. Most of the free world, who are affluent will continue to live life as they have and consider this disaster as things that happen to the poor in third world countries.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2005 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Events Before Second Coming Studies Doctrine Mormon

Nowhere in church doctrine does it state the exact year of Christs return.

Hey nighthawk Why is Pres. John Taylors vision in dispute. When added with other prophecies it actually makes since.

Joseph Smith: the constitution will be hanging by a thread the elders of Israel will come in and repair it.

Brigham Young: When we return to Jackson county there will not be so much as a yellow dog (persecuting Gentile) to wag his tail at our return.

Isaiah 4:1 "In that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel; only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

Isaiah 13:12 "I will make man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

I believe that this string of Revelations become very clear when you add the vision of John Taylor to the equation.

4th Aug, 2005 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Coming Second Events

There are quite a few discrepancies in the relating of John Taylor's dream. However, I cannot find the site that discusses those discrepancies. There are people who claim it came from Wilford Woodruff, but there are many problems with that as well.

Secondly, you quote from the "White Horse" Prophecy here:

oseph Smith: the constitution will be hanging by a thread the elders of Israel will come in and repair it.

This is in great dispute. In fact, the Church officially ignores this prophecy, and many leaders have disavowed it.

What is very interesting here is that some highly controversial "prophecies" are accepted as true, while many other prophecies are rejected out of hand. I wonder why.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2005 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Coming Second Events

If so many church leaders have disavowed the Yellow dog prophecy then how come it is spoken of by so many church leaders including Brigham Young as being true.

John Taylors vision is found in The Journal of Wilford Woodruff.

I would be careful on who I'ld listen too I looked up the "Yellow Dog Prophecy" in the LDS Collectors Library 2005. And there are lots of General authorities that talk about it and not negatively either.

Maybe the ones that are called Highly Controversial Prophecies are true, remember when the OT prophets prophecied a lot of the Jews would say they were highly controversial. Next time I get on here I'll bring a list of G.A.'s that talk positive about the "Yellow Dog Prophecy".

5th Aug, 2005 - 10:31am / Post ID: #

I didn't say anything about the "Yellow Dog" prophecy. I spoke of the "White Horse" prophecy. It is much more powerful, and far more important, and it most definitely is frowned upon by the Church.

See PROPHECY, REVELATION, SCRIPTURE, VISIONS. From time to time, accounts of various supposed visions, revelations, and prophecies are spread forth by and among the Latter-day Saints, who should know better than to believe or spread such false information. One of these false and deceptive documents that has cropped up again and again for over a century is the so-called White Horse Prophecy. This supposed prophecy purports to be a long and detailed account by the Prophet Joseph Smith concerning the wars, turmoils, and difficulties which should exist in the last days.

It is a sad commentary on the spiritual insight of professing saints that they will generate intense interest in these supposed prophetic utterances and yet know little of and pay less attention to the volumes of true and sound prophetic writings which delineate authoritatively the course of latter-day world events. It is known by all informed gospel students that whenever revealed truth, new or old, is to be sent forth for the enlightenment of the saints and of the world, it will be announced officially and publicly by the First Presidency.

Speaking, first of the White Horse Prophecy specifically, and then of all such false revelations in general, President Joseph F. Smith said: "The ridiculous story about the 'red horse,' and 'the black horse,' and 'the white horse,' and a lot of trash that has been circulated about, and printed, and sent around as a great revelation given by the Prophet Joseph Smith, is a matter that was gotten up, I understand, some ten years after the death of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by two of our brethren, who put together some broken sentences from the Prophet that they may have heard him utter from time to time, and formulated this so-called revelation out of it, and it was never spoken by the Prophet in the manner in which they have put it forth. It is simply false; that is all there is to it.

This is from the book Mormon Doctrine

This is just one of many examples I can give concerning this particular one. This is the "prophecy" where Joseph Smith is reported as saying that the Constitution would "hang by a thread".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2005 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Events Second Coming - Page 4

Joseph F. Smith said this in 1918.

by two of our brethren, who put together some broken sentences from the Prophet that they may have heard him utter from time to time,

Here we are told that they put somethings that they have heard Joseph Smith said together to come up with this "Prophecy".

There is a couple of spots in the "White Horse Prophecy" That I'ld like for you to take notice of.

1. 3rd Paragraph, 4th sentence reads: "You will go to the Rocky Mountains, and you will be a great and mighty people established there,..." Are we to assume that Joseph Smith never said that, No. We have other sources in which Joseph Smith said the same thing.

Discourses of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Pg. 184 reads, "Passed over the river to Montrose, Iowa, in the company with General Adams, Colonel Brewer, and others, and witnessed the installation of the Rising Sun Lodge Ancient York Masons, by General James Adam, Deputy Grand-Master of Illinois. While the Deputy Grand-Master was engaged in giving the requisite instructions to the Master-elect, I had a conversation with a number of brethren in the shade of the building on the subject of our persecutions in Missouri and the constant annoyance which has followed us since we were driven from that state. I prophesied that the Saints would continue to suffer much affliction and would be driven to the Rocky Mountains, many would apostatize, others would be put to death by our persecutors or lose thir lives in consequence of exposure or disease, and some of you will live to go and assist in making settlements and build cities and see the Saints become a Mighty people in the midst of the Rocky Mountains.

Do we disreguard the part about the Rocky Mountains in the White Horse Prophecy, no because it was something they heard and added to this fraudulant Prophecy.

2. After the 1918 disavowment of the "white horse prophecy" Two other G.A. taught about the Constitution hanging by a thread. One in 1933 by Orson F. Whitney in Saturday Night Thoughts, Pg. 70. And the other in October Confrence 1938 By Elder Melvin J. Ballard. Both men spoke highly of this Prophecy of the Constitution hanging by a thread.

I believe that when Pres. Joseph F. Smith said this he was talking about the prophecy itself but some of the minor prophecies we find in it are valid and true. We just have to use the Holy Ghost to discerne which are true and which are false.

I've enjoyed this educational talk it has made me study what the prophets are teaching and made me aware of false prophecies that are roaming in the church. Thank you very much.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2007 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Events Second Coming Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

"How portentous are the words of revelation found in the 88th section of the Doctrine and Covenants concerning the calamities that should befall.

"How interesting are descriptions of the tsunami and the recent hurricanes in terms of the language of this revelation. . . .

"Man's inhumanity to man expressed in past and present conflict has and continues to bring unspeakable suffering. . . .

"What we have experienced in the past was all foretold, and the end is not yet. Just as there have been calamities in the past, we expect more in the future. . . .

"The Lord has said, 'If ye are prepared ye shall not fear' (D&C 38:30)."

(Gordon B. Hinckley, "If Ye Are Prepared Ye Shall Not Fear," Ensign, Nov. 2005, 62)

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Events Before Second Coming

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,