Could you do it?

Could It - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 20th Nov, 2003 - 1:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
13th Aug, 2003 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Could you do it?

We know from investigations and documentaries that the Taliban in Afghanistan dealt with women in a manner similar to how many would deal with a pet or even less? Women were not educated, were not seen (literally), they could be beaten by their husbands or even killed (honor killings for chastity related 'crimes') and many other restrictions which in the Western World would be seen as beyond abuse and into the realms of human tourture. The question here is this...

If you as a woman (or if you are a man imagine if you were a woman) were under the regime of the Taliban but had a knowledge of the free world and how things should be, would you speak out at the risk of something harsh coming upon you or would you go day by day under the suffering?

You may also want to add how else the situation could have been changed there, or should it have been changed by the world? Is a society 'correct' in its thinking if the majority agree? What are your feelings?
[hr]

This site provides some more perspective on this topic:
https://www.edu.pe.ca/montaguehigh/grass/so...ality/cult3.htm

#  No school or university allow female students.
# That there be no female teachers.
# All windows in a women's house be painted black.
# All women must be accompanied by a close male relative when outside of their home.
# All women were forced from their jobs. The list still goes on
# Woman cannot see a male doctor, and women cannot be operated upon by a surgical team containing a male member. And there are very few female doctors in Afghanistan.
# Women cannot wear bright coloured clothing and cannot wear makeup.
# Their heels cannot click against the ground.
# They can't even speak in public.

Sponsored Links:
13th Aug, 2003 - 11:02am / Post ID: #

it you Could

That list is so ridiculous! It makes me really mad!!!!!!!!! :smile.gif but I bet that in that list even though they cannot have contacts with male,  I bet that these women can still having children right? :smile.gif

Hmmm...I wonder if these men in the Taliban organization know how children are brought into this world!!!?? I tell ya, I don't want to sound mean or rude, but they don't come into this world by prayer and fasting. So speaking plane english, if they don't think women are even consider a person, they should ban them also to have any kind of sexual contact with them!!! :smile.gif but hmmmm... I don't think that will never happen....:smile.gif

If you as a woman (or if you are a man imagine if you were a woman) were under the regime of the Taliban but had a knowledge of the free world and how things should be, would you speak out at the risk of something harsh coming upon you or would you go day by day under the suffering?

Of course I will speak out!!! No doubt in my mind!!! I rather to die than to 'live' (if that is life) in that way!!!

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2003 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Could you do it?
A Friend

Could you do it? Beliefs Religious General

In such a regime where torture and death is very real for speaking out against the atrocities inflicted against women, I would be very afraid to risk my life. Matyrdom may be the wish of some but I would rather try to escape than to flaunt my opionins in the face of my hangmen.

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2003 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Could you do it?
A Friend

it you Could

I remember hearing about how Jay Leno's wife is fighting for more rights of the Taliban women.  It is awful how they treated their women there.  I remember also hearing that the women are also not allowed to speak unless they are spoken to, and no one was allowed in the home if the husband was not at home.

If you as a woman were under the regime of the Taliban but had a knowledge of the free world and how things should be, would you speak out at the risk of something harsh coming upon you or would you go day by day under the suffering?

I would want to speak out, but I would also be in fear of what they would do to my children.  I remember seeing a news commentary about the Taliban women one time.  They stoned a woman in the streets for speaking or wearing something she wasn't supposed to.  (I can't quite remember which one it was).

You may also want to add how else the situation could have been changed there, or should it have been changed by the world? Is a society 'correct' in its thinking if the majority agree? What are your feelings?

Umm, I don't know what else they could have done there to change it.  I think in time, it would have ended up changing after the people got to see what others were doing in other parts of the world.  I don't know if a society is 'correct' about their thinking is majority.  I do think that people should have a choice and a voice to say their choice.  Everyone is different and unique in their own way.  To force people to live one certain way is just cruel.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2003 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

Could you do it?
A Friend

it you Could

I would tell em where to go, but first i would try and get out of the country.  If ya get cought you die, but its worth it becasue to them your already dead.  Your soul purpose os to mate and make future osama's.

18th Nov, 2003 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Could you do it?

You think as a woman it will be so easy to get out of the country? It is not like hoping a plane and then you are out. These people go through hardships of the extreme. In such society it is not only the husband that watches or should I say, 'polices' the woman, but all the men do.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2003 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Could you do it?
A Friend

Could you it

I think the saddest thing is that a woman (or girl) didn't seem to have any choice as to who she married.  If your husband had some amount of humanity in him, then it seems that he might help you either escape or work against the status quo.  I really don't know what I would do.  I would like to think that I would fight it.  I might just get so depressed that I would become one of the many many women who commit suicide there.  If I had children though, the stakes would be raised.  Would I fight for my daughters of keep silent for htem?  I don't think I could answer that, not having been there, but I hope that I would fight.

Ad

20th Nov, 2003 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

Could you it General Religious Beliefs

Of course I will speak out!!! No doubt in my mind!!! I rather to die than to 'live' (if that is life) in that way!!!

Then you would surely be killed, without a doubt.  

I think it is easy for us to say we would do something based upon the knowledge we have, but most of these woman haven't really ever lived with the freedoms we enjoy so even if they hear of such things, would they really believe it to be possible.  I think they might just view it as a nice dream, kind of like marrying a multi-millionaire is to me! smile.gif  Wouldn't it be nice, but I won't live my life focussing on it, because it isn't really likely to happen.

I don't think I would speak up.  First of all, I believe these woman have been told there entire life that this is the proper way for them to live.  It got worse under the Taliban's rule, but I think if you spend most of your life being taught a certain religious principal most people would believe it.  That is why the majority of the world's population retains whatever religious affiliation with which it is they were raised.  Not all, but I do think it is true of the majority.

Now, if I am dead I can not be of any help to my daughters or other women.  It would be better to risk death by working to teach my daughters and other women than to ensure death by publicly objecting to the way things are.  Many of the women who were educated before the Taliban took control have done exactly this.  It is riskly and some have been killed for it, but a risk of death allows me to at least be of some benefit for a while even if I ultimately end up dead.  Shouting in the streets about how unfair my treatment is will only get me killed and does no good for anyone.

Now, I am basically a chicken so I don't think I would risk my life to teach anyone and I don't think I would attend classes offered in secret nor would I send my daughters.  That doesn't make me sound very good, but it is the truth.   sad.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Could you do it?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,