[politics] The Next British Prime Minister

[politics] British Prime Minister - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th May, 2004 - 8:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May, 2004 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

[politics] The Next British Prime Minister

We have a thread about the next US President, but since Blair has been such a supporter of Bush in now times, will this affect elections? If you are British, whom will you elect (party or otherwise) in the next election?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
16th May, 2004 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Minister Prime British The politics

It's a sad state of affairs today in the UK that though political leaders change, the music does not. They are of the same school and receive their instruction from the same director.

No doubt election results will be affected by Tony Blair's association with President Bush.

All our three main parties are united in purpose and play games to make it look as if there is some genuine debate, to give the illusion of choice. There are a few individual MPs who still believe in principles, in freedom, in morals, but they have no or little influence.

As you will know, as far as regionalizaion/globalization is concerned, the EU is furthest down that path and this means, in England, that the policies of parties or individual candidates are irrelevant in the long term because unless Britain gets out of Europe it will not be those elected who will make the decisions (already over 70% of all legislation that goes through Parliament originates in the EU and is merely rubber stamped by Parliament).

So, as to who we should elect in the UK? Well, if you want to be out of the EU you must vote for a candidate who wants the same - and whose party wants the same. This is the only real decision for the election. Voting on other considerations is pointless.

I will be voting for the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) myself, Britain's fourth party. It would be nice to see a truly independent PM, but seeing as the executive and legislative branches are controlled by the PM, and seeing as he can effectively veto the judiciary, and seeing as the media is far from free, I have my doubts it will ever be a reality ;(

Dubhdara.
PM me for more info about UKIP.org

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Post Date: 16th May, 2004 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

[politics] The Next British Prime Minister History & Civil Business Politics

BLAIR MAY BE NEXT CASUALTY OF WAR

A rough rule of the Iraqi war has been this: Events that are damaging to President Bush prove close to devastating for Tony Blair, the British prime minister.

Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...63571%2C00.html

> TOPIC: [politics] The Next British Prime Minister

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,