Premium Membership - Page 2 of 5

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 21-May 04, 7:28 AM) Okay, - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 21st May, 2004 - 12:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
17th May, 2004 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Premium Membership - Page 2

Your safest bet is to do one of two things:

1. Subscribe to the contest board so the moment I post in it you will get it.
2. Look at the latest updated threads page --> here, this is also my secrest to staying up on everyone's post and answering so quickly wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
17th May, 2004 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Membership Premium

Tena laugh.gif yeah and I ended up losing because I fall asleep!!!! Can you believe that!??? I was sooo angry! I had almost 60 posts...5 more posts left! oh well....
JB I cannot remember the last time you ever had a contest for more than 1,000 FC :smile.gif

Come on!!! I need moneyyyy!!!! I need to play the games! tongue.gif

21st May, 2004 - 8:33am / Post ID: #

Premium Membership Feedback & FAQ News Community

I'm not sure what else a premium membership could include. Maybe arcade games that ONLY premium subscriptions can play, message boards that ONLY premium members can POST in -- others can read but can't reply. Premium members get extra forum points for posting in certain areas, automatic upgrade to a glowing name or a longer Signature smile.gif Special smilies for premium members.

All of which means EXTRA WORK for JB smile.gif

21st May, 2004 - 9:47am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Membership Premium

I also want to say that, although I think premium membership might be a good thing to offer, I am not sure I would avail myself of the offer. I am not sure I can afford it right now. So, when deciding to offer it or not, part of the consideration should be - will enough people sign up for it on a regular enough basis to make the extra income significant enough to justify the extra work.

21st May, 2004 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

Membership Premium

Okay, let me clarify something since it seems that mods are the only ones replying to this thread thus far... first of all, as a moderator you already have premium membership, probably more than you know, there are features and functions and options that the mods have not even begun to use in this forum so there is nothing for you to 'buy'. This 'premium' upgrade is intended for use by the regaler member that wants an edge. Things I was thinking of was a spruced up profile, ability to upload images with posts, etc.

21st May, 2004 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Premium Membership

Yes, but still JB, I think you should give thought to the amount of extra work you might be taking on. Will it be worth it? The fact that only mods seem to be replying might mean others aren't interested or it could just be that they are unsure about how to respond or haven't been around long enough to have formed an opinion.

What do other sites do? This is the only one I participate in. Except there is a dating site that I know of which charges $9.95 per month to do anything more than look at profiles.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st May, 2004 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Premium Membership - Page 2

Well the feedback I get is usually through the Contact page, I merely started this board as a point of reference for public discussion, but most want other things - especially the uploads and self promotion as in the models. I have found that most that join come with a specific motive in mind, but usually it is not about community development, hence they do not 'join the family'. Our rules do take some getting used to, most find it 'prison-like' to begin because of their experience on other forums, but for those who like the protected atmosphere it provides they feel safe - and that is what matters most to me and I hope to our other members too. As far as the work... there really will be no added work involved because it is already done (scripts coded to handle it), it will just be a matter of issuing permissions. For instance I will start a group called, 'Premium' and then tell the script what they can and cannot do. Save for you and Farseer, others do not donate, so I have to find other unique ways for the site to pay for itself. It is not my intention to get people who already assist to do more, I think you gals have done far and beyond this, but is my intention for the rest of the membership to pull its weight, especially those who constantly require supervision and or maintainance. I must say though, that besides this I just like being here doing what I do - it is fun, entertaining and I learn A LOT!

21st May, 2004 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

Premium Membership Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 21-May 04, 7:28 AM)
Okay, let me clarify something since it seems that mods are the only ones replying to this thread thus far... first of all, as a moderator you already have premium membership, probably more than you know, there are features and functions and options that the mods have not even begun to use in this forum so there is nothing for you to 'buy'.

Other than the specific "moderator" functions, what are these features? I've read through the FAQs, and never noticed anything about advanced features.

As far as a premium service, I don't really know how it would benefit the boards. I know that I would be unlikely to spend money to access any type of forum (although I will donate, when I can). There is a forum run by Roger K. Young, that has a lot of information that I would really like to get, but am not willing to spend any money to get it. Glenn Beck has a radio show that I really like to listen to, when I can. He wants a small fee to access it, along with archives and forums, online. I won't pay it. I have considered paying for the Rush Limbaugh site, because he has a massive amount of information on it, as well as his shows, but can't justify $50/year.

So, I would do without, rather than spend money for access to such things. I suspect that a lot of our forum members are the same way. Unfortunate, but with 6 children, that is the way it is for me, and for many others.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Premium Membership

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,