World Cup In South Africa

World Cup South Africa - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 28th Apr, 2009 - 10:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th May, 2004 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

Blessed nation of Africa! Are you happy that the next FIFA World Cup will be held in South Africa or were you hoping for somewhere else?

Sponsored Links:
17th May, 2004 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Africa South Cup World

I am thrilled to hear the 2010 World Cup will be in South Africa. I think it symbolizes the leaps and bounds that Africa as a nation has made in the football world. Its about time they got their dues, and with such a beautiful country to showcase, I believe that World Cup will do very well. Well deserved!!!

18th May, 2004 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

World Cup In South Africa Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I am neither for nor against it, I am happy for them, but do not have a direct opinion. I could not help but wonder if the vote was not biased though because Nelson Mandela travelled with the President and Vice President of FIFA to various support rallies. I thought that was inappropriate.

22nd May, 2004 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Africa South Cup World

I don't care where it is, I just love world cup and once Argentina is on it, I'm all for it smile.gif. "Vamos, Vamos, Argentina, Vamos, Vamos a ganar esta hinchada quilombera, no te deja, no te deja de alentar...la la la la "

(just a little fan's song to cheer Argentina) wink.gif

2nd Apr, 2005 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

Africa South Cup World

From FIFA.com

South Africa 2010 is open for business

On Friday, April 1, South Africa's Local Organising Committee for the hosting of the 2010 FIFA World Cup finals opens for business. The first employee of the organisation is Danny Jordaan, who will have just on five years to prepare the country to host the world's biggest sporting showpiece.....

It has taken the world 100 years to give Africa its first opportunity and a level of confidence is already being shown by sponsors who are associating themselves with the event. FIFA is already projecting a very positive financial position for Africa's first World Cup and I think that is a huge vote of confidence in South Africa's ability to deliver a quality event. Of course, FIFA will make its very important contribution to that process. It is a special moment - a challenge not only for a few individuals, but for the whole country, the whole continent. Together we must make it work.

https://www.fifa.com/en/worldcup/index/0,33...rticleid=106005

A very interesting interview with the mastermind who got World Cup 2010 to South Africa. The comment about European teams never having played on African soil really made me realize how much football has moved away from the super powers in Europe and South America to all areas of the world.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2009 - 10:37am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Africans to boost World Cup power

South Africa's neighbours pledge to supply electricity to help prevent power cuts during the 2010 football World Cup. Ref. Source 8

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: World Cup In South Africa

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,