US Union Workers

Us Union Workers - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Aug, 2017 - 11:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
U.S.A. Unions US Public Workers
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2011 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

US Union Workers

Ohio voters will overturn a law signed last year that limited collective bargaining rights for public workers, CNN projects.

With 28% of precincts reporting, 62% voted for repealing the law and 38% against it, according to the Ohio secretary of state's office.

The Republican-controlled legislature approved the bill, and Republican Gov. John Kasich signed it into law earlier this year. But opponents mounted a petition drive to get a repeal measure placed on the November ballot.

The measure was seen as a barometer for next year's general election in the key battleground state.

Repealing the anti-union law is seen as a victory for Democrats. But another measure on the Ohio ballot that would exempt Ohio residents from the compulsory health care mandate under President Obama's health care reform law is projected to pass. Since the law is a federal one, the state referendum is seen as a protest vote.

Sponsored Links:
10th Nov, 2011 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Workers Union US

Why would anyone vote for less rights for unions? Unions is what stop slave working conditions, if anything people will support them so good on Ohio!

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 5 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.5%

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2015 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

US Union Workers History & Civil Business Politics

Supreme Court to hear major case that threatens public employee unions

The Supreme Court signaled Tuesday that it may be prepared to strike down laws forcing public employees to pay union dues, posing a major threat to organized labor. The justices agreed to hear a California case next fall challenging the requirement that teachers contribute to unions, even if they don't join them or agree with their positions on issues. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Workers Union US

San Diego County's biggest union warns of strike. As contract negotiations continue to stall, San Diego County government’s largest labor union has given notice that it may strike in a little over a week. Source 7v.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

US Union Workers
A Friend

Workers Union US

Yeah, unions are going to strike themselves out of a job here PDQ. They have made it so we are not competitive with the rest of the world. They are needed, I know that. At one time they were sorely needed. But sometimes they ask for too much.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

US Union Workers
A Friend

US Union Workers

Unions are still needed to help protect some jobs. I may be out of a job quicker than I would like if something happens to the union that protects my job. Some times yes they ask for a lot but after negotiations they usually do not get all they ask for.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

US Union Workers
A Friend

US Union Workers

Oh, I agree with you. We absolutely still need unions. My issue is when the unions ask for so much that they negotiate the people they represent out of jobs. It gets to the point where even though American workers are more productive they are too expensive and it's better to have two less productive workers in Indonesia. In this case, these are people paid for with taxes and eventually the burden becomes so great the taxpayer revolts… or votes by leaving and there is no tax base to support the exorbitant benefits, like what happened in Detroit.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

US Union Workers
A Friend

US Union Workers Politics Business Civil & History

I think what is fueling the unions in asking for such high pay rates is the difference in pay between management and the workers. When you have CEO in the USA making 100-300% more than the workers it makes it look like they can afford to pay workers much more. When you look at places in other first world countries the pay gap is no where close to what it is here in the USA. I think more of the CEOs and upper management is responsible for the unions outrageous demands.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: US Union Workers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,