September 11th

September 11th - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Dec, 2005 - 2:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: The events of September 11th caused you to...
  Be in shock       38.89%
  Cry       22.22%
  Be afraid       5.56%
  Hate the Middle East       0.00%
  Hate Muslims       0.00%
  Be angry (not specific)       27.78%
  Rejoice       0.00%
  Be totally neutral about the whole thing       5.56%
Total Votes: 18
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Post Date: 18th May, 2004 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

September 11th

Two commercial jets hit the twin towers in New York (World Trade Center) on what is now known as 9/11 (The US puts the month first), the horrific destruction was caused by terrorists that were on board the planes. The rest is now history that has shaped today's events.

Now, this thread has been started for this purpose: evaluation.

1. What allowed the terrorists to get passed security, CIA, FBI, etc?
2. Did the Bush administration know something but did not act?
3. Is the US weak from the air? (Notice similarities to Pearl Harbor in surprise)
4. What were the events?

NOTE: this thread is NOT dealing with current effects of this tragedy, but on the happenings before and on that day.

For a detailed timeline:
Ref. https://www.cooperativeresearch.org/project...ect=911_project

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2004 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

th September

The terrible thing that happened in September 11th brought me mixed feelings, but definetly one of them was anger towards the people (can we call them 'people?') who did something so terrible. They are not humans or beasts. I don't know what they are.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2004 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

September 11th History & Civil Business Politics

There is a theory that not everything was reported as it happened. View the links as provided:

Did a commercial airliner really crash into the Pentagon?
We are Not saying, that was was NO plane, Flight 77 that crashed into the Pentagon. We are saying, Where IS Flight 77, at the CRASH SITE?
Ref. https://www.apfn.org/apfn/flight77.htm

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2004 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

September 11th
A Friend

th September

I had a difficult time choosing a single description of how I felt on September 11, 2001. After giving it some thought, I voted for "afraid" -- but this needs clarification. I was not in fear for my personal safety or for that of my loved ones, because I knew the chances were much greater of dying in an automobile accident. No, I was afraid of the aftermath -- that an endless cycle of war and retribution would result rather than a strengthened world community intolerant of terrorism and determined to address its root causes.

The opportunity was ripe for either scenario, and I am sorry to say that what I feared is coming to pass.

6th Jul, 2004 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

th September

1. What allowed the terrorists to get past security, CIA, FBI, etc?
A number of factors. Complacency - we're safe here, we've been safe here for a long time, we'll always be safe here... etc.. Arrogance - no one would *dare* attack us on our own turf... Lack of solid information, and a lack of decisiveness over what to do with the information they had.

2. Did the Bush administration know something but did not act?
I think so, but again, it was a lack of really solid information and a lack of decisiveness. And, of course, some bungling of information.

3. Is the US weak from the air? (Notice similarities to Pearl Harbor in surprise)
I don't think so. You can't really compare the two events -- we are so much more technologically advanced at this point in time. It's more information that wasn't acted on, rather than a weakness of air defense.

4. What were the events? I'm not sure what you are asking here, since the events are pretty well known. Are you asking for my perception of the events?

In a nut shell, and to keep it brief: Four cells of operatives (that we know of) of the al Qa'eda persuasion boarded four separate airliners, hijacked the planes, and then flew them (or attempted to fly them) into several high-profile targets in the U.S. for maximum damage, maximum shock value, maximum "message sending," and I think for testing purposes (i.e., just how much of a fortress is the Pentagon, and how hard do we have to hit it *next time*?).

Message received. Damage, shock achieved. Did we Americans learn anything else? That remains to be seen.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2005 - 6:09am / Post ID: #

September 11th
A Friend

September 11th

I was struggling between two because they both fit. I did cry, but I was also in shock. I tend to cry when in shock. I remember sitting in my history class learning about Pearl Harbor when another history teacher came in and told our teacher what was going on. She turned on the radio, and that's when we started listening to everything that was going on. School was pretty much non-existant that day. All we did in all of our classes was watch the television. I remember just sitting there, chills running up and down my spine, and I knew that life for everybody had changed within a matter of minutes.

I just remember crying about all these poor people who had lost their lives, and I couldn't help but think about their families and the emotional trauma they went through.

As for the questions:

1. I agree with FarSeer: We felt too confident. "We're American, nobody can hurt us." That attitude of arrogance is what allowed these people to get past security. On top of that, these people were not dumb by all means. I think everybody tries to completely blaim the US, but we have to remember that this plan was thought out with every detail. It wasn't a novice operation.

2. I think the Bush Adminstration, just like any other presidency, was always receiving threats, just like any other country. I can only imagine how many threats come in that somebody is going to attack the US. If they didn't have anything substantian and concrete to work on, then there really wasn't much that could be done. I don't blame them because it probably would have happened regardless of who was sitting in the oval office. For all we know, they could have details leading in a completely different direction, sort of like a ploy, and while they were checking up on that, we were attacked by another way.

3. I don't think it was weakness, but merely the idea that things were operating as normal. Planes flying in and out of the city is a normal every day occurence.

4. I think everything about the events that need to be said have been said.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Dec, 2005 - 10:51am / Post ID: #

September 11th

The most important question that is being ignored in this topic is WHY would terrorists want to attack the US?

Was this a desperate plead by "Islamic" extremists to put their campaign on the map. Or was this just bad old terrorists who hate the US way of life, as Bush would have everyone believe?

Did US foreign policy have anything to do with this? Do we have any evidence whatsoever that Bin Laden was behind it? Or was it even his superior Al-Zaharwi? Yes, contrary to popular belief Bin Laden is in fact a right-hand man, first recruited for his vast wealth. He has never lead.

Have the Neo-cons, who virtually created Al-queda through the testimony of a corrupt Arab who was fleeing Bin Laden and was paid $100,000s, hijacked this terrible act for their own political agenda?

Were these attackers from US-based cells? There has been no evidence whatsoever that terrorist cells even exist in the US. Those Mickey Mouse arrests, please pardon the pun, are an embarrasment on the FBI, nothing more.

So instead of speculating about what happened, which was beamed 24/7 on the news, I would like to know what people think are the reasons why this happend.

This one simple question seems to be ignored by the media, governments and the wider public.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 8th Dec, 2005 - 11:00am

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2005 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

September 11th
A Friend

September 11th Politics Business Civil & History

My first response was to cry. Lose of innocent life should never be taken lightly. I felt anger eventually, but I cried the day it happened. My anger then shifted to the terrorists, a predictable jump, and then to the government for not being able to stop it, another predictable jump. But ultimately, I started reading about the specifics and am much more skeptical than before. After realizing that the hole in the Pentagon could not have been from a commercial airline due to its much smaller size, I had to start digging. I was lucky that I had a VCR and recorded ten video tapes of the actual footage. My view is now much more controversial and upsetting, but my anger is more pointed.

When speaking of specific events, I have on tape, the beginning of the fire at the pentagon, well before the front of the building collapsed. The fire was going but the front of the building was not collapsed and there was no plane to be seen. So what really hit the Pentagon?

Video tape of the towers shows an explosion in the tower a split second before the nose of the plane hit. The plane had no visible windows and appears to have something attached to the belly of the plane. What was so different about that plane and what exploded inside the building before the plane hit?

I am now angry and want answers, not conspiracy theories. We won't ever get them, and that makes me more upset than I was before.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: September 11th

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,