Are We Lamanites Or Israelites?

Are Lamanites Israelites - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Nov, 2006 - 1:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2006 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

First Of All...

What is a Mestizo?

Mestizo is a term of Spanish origin used to designate the people of mixed European and indigenous non-European ancestry. The term has traditionally been applied mostly to those of mixed European and indigenous Amerindian ancestry who inhabit the region spanning the Americas; from the Canadian prairies in the north to Argentina and Chile's Patagonia in the south.

In the Church some people think we are Lamanites, some others Don't Even Know...

I really don't like to be called "Lamanite" since, I was Born a Member of The church into the New & Everlasting Covenant of Marriedge... so when people tend to call me Lamanite, I want to call them Gentiles... Because I'm not a Convert I would not accept to be called that way...

Are not we all Israelites?

Share What do u think about this, and if I don't make any sense, I'm sorry I'm learning english still... biggrin.gif

Bytheway I'm a Mestizo:

Spaniard, Italian, American Indian = Ecuadorian

Reconcile Edited: Elix on 21st Nov, 2006 - 1:05am

Sponsored Links:
21st Nov, 2006 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

Israelites Lamanites Are

I am not sure if I understand your question. You mentioned that you are "mestizo" and that you do not like to be called "Lamanite" because we are all Israelites. Well, your heritage has Lamanite blood (South American Indian). Remember that the Lamanites were also descendants from Israel. The fact that you was born into the Covenant does not make a difference about your heritage in my personal opinion.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2006 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are We Lamanites Or Israelites? Studies Doctrine Mormon

You understood the Question Perfectly, I was not too clear about the Term Lamanite. I Mean some people say things like that with a derrogatory meaning... I do not mind people saying that I have Lamanite Blood Because is true, it is part of my heritage, but when people say things like:

"Look at them, they are all lamanites"

Is pretty bad, at least it sounds bad to me...

Thank You For Your Opinion. smile.gif

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 21st Nov, 2006 - 1:22am

21st Nov, 2006 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Israelites Lamanites Are

Yes, I thought you meant that afterwards wink.gif I am also a Lamanite descendant and one of my uncles used to tease me about it and he used the term in a derogatory way. It took me a while to get over the fact that certain people even within the Church would use the term to somehow "discriminate" others.

Now, I am a big woman and things have changed. l feel great about my heritage and where I come from. I live in the Caribbean now and I have no problem to mention that I am a Lamanite descendant. That's who I am and what makes me special.

Rather off topic, but...
You have a Spell Check box right below the text box. Just use it before posting. Thanks!

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2006 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Israelites Lamanites Are

wink.gif True... It Was Afterwards... I am sorry for that. Well, it is true there are some members that do that... Is really bad, but the only thing we can do is "Love Them"

Thank You for your opinion, it really strengthens my Desire to Declare my Heritage. I am a Teenager still (I am really off topic) but your opinion really changed my views.

They were not joking when they said that the Forum could change peoples lives!

> TOPIC: Are We Lamanites Or Israelites?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,