The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 21st Jul, 2012 - 6:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Skyrim Reviews
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2011 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Now that you have played it - what is your review for the video game "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim"?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
11th Nov, 2011 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Skyrim V Scrolls Elder The

Well I haven't actually played it yet, sitting by the window, waiting for it to arrive.

From everything I have seen online and previous experience playing Oblivion I am certain Skyrim will be one of the best RPG's ever made (up to this point). It will probably hang up in the top 5 for many years to come as well.

The world is almost unimaginably huge, you can craft weapons / armor, do alchemy, fight dragons, etc. Eventually you are able to craft dragon items and enchant them, what's not to like.

The verbal interaction between NPC's has been upgraded from previous titles. Content now seems more organic. Further time does not stand still when you talk. You can also get different henchmen to follow you around.

Dragon shouts allow you to call dragons in to assist you, slow time, conjure up a lightning storm, etc. I am not sure how many different combinations there are for the shouts but it looks like a lot.

I am counting the minutes until this game arrives. I can see myself putting in over 200 hours into this game in the next few months. I will report back and update this post once my girlfriend kicks me off of it for her turn.

biggrin.gif

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2011 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Gaming Video & Issues Computer

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scrolls action role-playing video game series, following The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It is scheduled to be released on November 11, 2011 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Skyrim's main story revolves around the player character's efforts to defeat the nordic dragon god Alduin who is prophesied to destroy the world. Set two hundred years after Oblivion, the game takes place in the land of Skyrim in the midst of a civil war after the assassination of the high king. The open world gameplay of the Elder Scrolls series is continued in Skyrim, as the player character can explore the land at will and ignore or postpone the main quest indefinitely.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Hover)

12th Nov, 2011 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

I just played it for about 4 hours. It is pretty cool, though I feel it has fallen short in some areas, so far. I am sure the other bits that I will unlock later will more than make up for this. I always let myself down a little because I build it up so grand in my mind. Then once I play the game it obviously falls short in some spots.

I do like the new battle system, not needing to repair, and the dual wield. I can tell already that the range of items that can be crafted is going to be staggering. The skill tree is also overpowering (in a good way) in the amount of different ways you can specialize.

The clairvoyance spell is a much needed improvement and hands down my favorite move so far. Being able to just hit a button and (guys hand pops up, boom) get a direct line to were I need to go, it is priceless.

3rd Dec, 2011 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

I've been playing Skyrim pretty much nonstop since 11.11.11. I have near 200 hours of my life invested into the game (on master difficulty). I do have some gripes but keep in mind I enjoy 99.9 percent of the game.

I've been caught in rocks on a mountain (unable to move / reload) only once. Which is really surprising given the vast amount of mountain area. I've been thwarted from reaching my quests many times by mountains. I understand that mountains are a big part of Skyrim. However navigating the often vague map has resulted in me needing to frustratingly backtrack. Once you have explored most of the map this problem is rare.

Three big problems for me, first, I'm a little perturbed that in the beginning, killing a dragon is often easier than killing a bear. Second, slugging around my equipment is a pain. I wish there was more carrying capacity for my henchmen. Last but not least, my shouts do not activate sometimes when they should. Though this has caused me several untimely deaths and curses at the game, ultimately I remain unfazed.

I am not sure if later you can remove a perk from a skill that you later decided was not congruent with your character setup. If that's not the case I think there definitely should be. With all the many perks you can pick it is pretty hard to know exactly how you want the character to develop right off the bat. I can't help but cringe a little every time I see the one perk I spent in axe mastery being that I now only use swords.

All in all as far as I can tell the game is a solid entry for the Bethesda legacy. I find myself wondering what land they will next explore and open up to me. Skyrim has taken a firm and resounding step in the right direction with this release.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 3rd Dec, 2011 - 3:56am

16th Jul, 2012 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

Disappointing input from me.

I know I was very exited and for Skyrim, and I am. However I have gotten many quest ending glitches. The last one had my wagon from the beginning, riding into a wall and I couldn't get out.

Really not cool and an expansion is coming out that looks great.

If I had a game that worked without bugs, or at all actually, I would be very happy. Instead I am very sad. undecided.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Jul, 2012 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Usually if you report bugs that you find in a game then they will release a patch for it. So save your place in the game and look out for a patch.

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2012 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I have waited a long time for the game, but after I got it and played it for about 30 hours I just lost interest. I have no idea why, because it has all the right ingredients for a great game. I still have plans to play it all the way through, but now that I have diablo 3 and with Borderlands 2 coming I have my doubts if that will ever happen.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,