Getting Java Educated

Getting Java Educated - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 21st May, 2004 - 1:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st May, 2004 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Getting Java Educated

Hey everyone, I would like to learn more about Java, JMS, etc because I believe it will definitely help me in my career. What is your opinion on how to pursue this? Do you think books, online courses or traditional classroom education is the way to go? Or is it a combination? I am a college graduate and would prefer not to have to go back to school unless it is absolutely necessary. I also realize that this question can have many different answers, but I am curious to hear what others have to say, especially those who are proficient with the Java language. Thanks!

Sponsored Links:
21st May, 2004 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Educated Java Getting

I am not proficient in this area, but as a designer I have always come to dislike it and most do not use it anymore for web interactions because java can so easily infiltrate a computer and thus smart users turn it off or disable it. My question to you is this... do you see Java in the future? Do you think that educating yourself in it will mean a knowledge of a language in wider spread tomorrow? What are your intentions? As a side not I heard that future desktops may be written in this language more intensely, but I have not see fruition of that.

21st May, 2004 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

Getting Java Educated UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Yes, I do believe it is the language of the future. At my company, most of our application are written in C and C++ but the rumour is that they will be ported to Java or Java equivalent in the near future. This is the main reason I would like to get up to speed on the language so I am poised correctly. I also find the language quite useful and versatile and have written some small programs in my spare time. I work with WebSphere products on a day to day basis which utilizes Java and with the advancement of WebSphere and Java I think it is a safe bet to become familiar with both.

> TOPIC: Getting Java Educated

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,