British Trinidadian Rejected In Trinidad - Page 3 of 3

Well when Manning or Panday speak they use - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 7th Sep, 2008 - 6:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
4th Sep, 2008 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

British Trinidadian Rejected In Trinidad - Page 3

Yes I agree one has to keep their eyes open and be aware of such traps. Sad that people for the most part are good but as a society things like this are acceptable.

Sponsored Links:
6th Sep, 2008 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Rejected Trinidadian British

darius:

Now I'm confused because I thought they teach the British English in Trinidad and everywhere else in the West Indies ? Could someone give me some feedback on this topic.

Of course people here use British English. Of course there is slang but a formal document written in Trinidad would read the same as one written in the UK.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2008 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

British Trinidadian Rejected In Trinidad
A Friend

British Trinidadian Rejected In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Yes, but in Trinidad the document would never get finished because people there are lazy.

Have you forgotten?

And that is part of the reason Trinidad rejects British.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc.See Constructive Posting Policy.

7th Sep, 2008 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Trinidad Rejected Trinidadian British

Well when Manning or Panday speak they use standard British English that a British person would easily understand. I just didn't get darius' point about whether Trinidadians use British English, when it (to me at least) seems self-evident that they do.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: British Trinidadian Rejected In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,