Barbarian

+  1 2 3 
Closed
Only the GM posts here.
19th May, 2004 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Circus

The Game Master says...

Circus

Recently a circus has come to the Village (just on the outskirts). Many have said that the shows are amazing and some of the animals unbelievable, but the most interesting is the talk of a new act, an act that will awaken the down hearted, strengthen the feeble and liven the mind. You however feel that there must be something more than meets the eye as some of the folk who tell you of this seem glassy eyed and so, you decide to get tickets to see for yourself.

GM: This scenario will begin when there is sufficient interest (players that post daily and do not show up once or twice a week. Such characters will find that they get an incurable disease and quickly become bed ridden if not altogether removed from the RPG group). No less than six participants is needed, you will be wise to build up your GPs through FP. In the mean time feel free to vigorously use the camp to discuss past experiences, game play and ways to recruit others.

Sponsored Links:
10th Jul, 2004 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Circus medieval

The Game Master says...

A bright new day has given you the vigor for adventure and what better way to begin than with an illustrious event taking place within the borders of the Village. Your newly formed group begins to take shape and you make a strategic pact that you hope will enable you to live to see tomorrow with a bit more gold than today.

Lorena, who came in the beginning is no where to be found and you do not see to which part she has disappeared, you assume she has found more entertainment elsewhere.

Althea during some days was healed over a period for the cost of 10gps. She did use the time to find out about the circus, but at that time no one had yet attended (they had now reached the Village and were setting up camp).

Shade and Eissa think to look for opportunities to steal thief's tools and soon come to the realization that this is something only available from the underground. They wonder about looking for gossip, but their look and motions drive people away more than encourage them to speak.

Ice gets the items indicated. You ask around the market about the circus and these are some of the responses you get:

"It be the best show I ever did see!"

"I would go again but the tickets are a bit pricey for me pocket"

"I did not go in, I played the games on the outside"

"Beware, me mother looked well strange after attending the main event"

"I never was into these things, but the main show left me spell bound indeed"

"Never have I seen such magic"

You wonder what all these things could mean, you ask about tickets and find out they cost a gold piece each. You find a poster drawn quite creatively pinned to the tower:

Come one, Come all!

this be the grandest show yer eyes ever did behold.
See the wild animals and clowns, but hold not yer
breath, because the famous magician will dazzle thy
eyes with the secrets of far away lands!

Tickets 1 gold piece Time sun down tonight

GM: Lorena is not part of your group, she did mention she would not be in the early part of the camp. Thief's tools are not sold or displayed in the open, notice the notes about it in the market. The time is 10:00am, say what you will do now.

11th Jul, 2004 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Circus RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

You make your way to the area and try to look as inconspicuous as possible. You act the part of curious on lookers, hunters and passers by, but all your equipment does raise some eyebrows from some of the circus helpers. There is no one from the Village around at the moment and the circus workers do not care for any questions at the moment since they are preparing for tonight's show.

After recon you come up with the following: The Circus Map

You meet back at the Village and just outside the tavern to look over what you have. The tavern guard looks curiously at your group.

GM: Say what you will do now, it is 12 noon - your stomach growls

12th Jul, 2004 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Circus medieval

The Game Master says...

Some discussion ensues concerning hunger, the circus, equipment and so on. A decision is made to share, leave some equipment home and meet back at the tavern when the sun is fully overhead. Althea and Thorian share one ration. Thorian feels somewhat embarrassed to be eating from a stranger and becomes more cross about looking for gold.

Ice, Wimplo, and Ariadne eat a meal in the tavern, buy some ale and sit back / move around listening for gossip. Their bill comes to 3 gps each and they feel most satisfied from the hearty meal prepared by the tavern in-house cook. Some of the things you find out are:

* The circus came from a distant land and they seem to move quite often
* Their last show is tonight and they will move on again
* They do not give much information about themselves, but are rather friendly
* The palm reader give some very insightful information
* Some of the game booths are fun but can leave you poor
* Some of the animals can do great tricks
* The last trick by the magician is amazing, but for some reason no one can exactly describe what took place, all they know is that it felt good.

Shade and Airmed once again walk up to the Circus encampment to ask about work. They are quickly turned away by one of the senior workers with:

"No lad and las, we be having all our employ well met, but be sure to come to the show tonight it might be a welcome break from yer job hunting"

Eissa, Ramsus, and Althea think to use stealth in broad daylight to listen to tents in an open area where people are busy working, animals are smelling their scent and making noise and the area seems busy with everyone doing things. They find themselves quickly ushered away by a big man with:

"The show be not yet, come at sun down to fill your heart with delight"

Eissa makes a reply comment to the big man about eating one of their animals to satisfy her hunger. The man raises a brow and does not seem to take kindly to the remark.

You make no plan to meet at any specific place and Shade, Airmed and Eissa cannot concentrate because of the hunger that dwells within them.

GM: Say what you will do now. It is 12 noon.

Offtopic but,
Please take a minute and rate us, Some may require just one click - others may ask for a score from 1-10, the higher it is the more likely we can get evern more RPGers for the Future Earth scenario. Thanks.

13th Jul, 2004 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Circus medieval

The Game Master says...

Shade, Airmed and Eissa decide to eat a poor chef's delight - rations. The cold hard biscuit bread makes them yearn for a more hearty meal in the tavern, but without gold they are almost like beggars.

GM: The adventure continues now that everyone's dietary needs have been met...

14th Jul, 2004 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Circus

The Game Master says...

You meet back again at some point with tired feet as all this walking up and dow back and forth to the Village from the Circus encampment leaves much to be desired. A plan is formulated to be executed near sundown when the Circus is about to start.

Airmed relates to the group how she consulted her runes, saying, "This portends of forces dark in nature, and a battle betwixt good and evil. Hmmm... perhaps I should attend the performance after all. Whosoever is kind enough to provide my entrance fee shall be repaid in due course. On this I pledge my word of honor, along with my humble gratitude. But ye who shall be seekers of the magician's personal effects, heed me wisely- beware of traps and enchantments. They come in all guises. If in doubt, best to not touch them at all. The risk is yours- take it wisely, I beg of thee!"

Some of the warriors raise their brow after hearing these words and look at each other as they are unfamiliar with such talk. As usual the lack of gold is always an issue...

Pondering the money situation, Ice says, "I will keep 5 gp on me in addition to the 1 I need for the ticket price. Or, if Wimplo, is willing I would actually prefer that he hold onto my gold for me. He is not going to the show and he is well armed." Knowing the task ahead may be dangerous, she says quietly, "While it could be pure magic, I think we need to prepare for what we can. We can't do much to protect against pure magic, if there is such a thing, but we can prepare against hypnosis or drugs. So, we do what we can, and hope it is enough."

Thorian reaches into his pockets and pulls them inside out, displaying that he has no money. "I'm dead broke. If someone would be willing to loan me the required entrance fee I would gladly attend, and repay them when I come into possession of funds."

Althea suggests that having too much gold in one's pockets during a potential hypnosis or spellbinding situation may not be wise.

Ariadne will keep with herself 8gp and the rest she will hide it in her special annex at home, a hidden place she has built over the years. Ariadne is thinking deeply and then she interrupts and says "I would pay a ticket for Thorian or Airmed, but it is a loan," she says, showing her mean side. "Ice and I will look at the people's reaction on the show without being so obvious about it, I will also try to look around for suspicious activity. I will not be watching directly what the Magician does, because I'm afraid he may be using magic or hypnotism or some kind of drug, I will personally be wearing my cloak and my short sword hidden on my clothes, I will be extremely quiet to not call attention to myself."

Eissa is having a hard time deciding if 'tis a good idea to go snooping around the large tents. Nervously glancing from side to side, her hands fidget under her cloak, before she actually realizes something. She's wearing black clothing, and it's going to be nightfall. It's rather hard to spot a person in black at night, Eissa remembers. "You know," she murmurs, "maybe I should go after all."

Althea eyes the sun's movement across the sky impatiently. "My friends, these are wise plans. Let us do the things we must 'ere the show begins. We've solemn work to do this night. Godspeed." She claps her hand on Eissa's shoulder with a crooked smile. "Come with me Lass... we've preparations to make."...

Tis Evening...

You journey to the circus and arrive via the road from the village. There is a man there collecting and selling tickets. Some people have formed a small line. Ahead you see there is a lot of movement and merriment with some kids, adults and the like participating in the games, watching the animals and clowns.

Ice and Ariadne pay for Thorian and Airmed to attend the main event, despite her 'riches' Ariadne does so hesitantly having been accustomed to not imparting to anyone but herself. The warriors, Ice and Ariadne, watch the crowd and the circus workers around the seating areas looking for suspicious activity, but see nothing unusual.

Thorian and Airmed plan to watch the Magician, specifically the very last thing he does (which is the important one, apparently) with great caution and alertness -- especially Airmed on the alert for magic usage, but it is not time yet, in fact that last show is a couple hours away.

Althea and Eissa plan to try and explore the tents looking specifically for written clues and magic items, being very stealthy and watchful, but they realize that they have never actually seen a magic item, but read and heard about it. They are also confused about which tents they will explore since there are many of them.

Shade and Wimplo plan to cruise the games and food areas.

Wimplo bravely states: "I will watch the crowd, and act as backup for anyone who gets into trouble...I will guard your gold well, Ice. I don't want you to lose your money in my hands, I would be terribly ashamed."

Shade nods in agreement: "I will accompany Wimplo and watch people play games (Possibly cheer) because of my lack of gold... While I'm doing that I'll make sure nothing suspicous is happening out of the corner of my eye. "

As they make a motion to move into the Circus a curious woman with dark long hair, egyptian piercing eyes, comely to look at with a flowing black dress and fire red lips comes out of the Palm reader's tent and beckons Shade and Wimplo to come in... In the course of her using her finger to slowly gesture them to come her way you notice her peachy colored skin and what seems to be an almost pampered aura as though she has everything she could possibly want in life. For a second you wonder why such a woman would be attached to a Circus.

GM: If memory serves me right I believe I had posted a rule concerning 'lending'. If I am not wrong I believe it is either you give or trade as lending puts to much burden on the GM to track who gave who and for how long and when they will give back, etc. So Ariadne pays for tickets directly - not a loan. Shade and Wimplo need to say if they take up the woman's gesture. The others need to be more specific with their movements hence map is provided.

Offtopic but,
Please take a moment and vote for us, especially in all the RPG links provided on the Rate Us page. It just takes a second or two of your time, Thanks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jul, 2004 - 8:27am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Circus

The Game Master says...

Ice and Ariadne also purchase tickets for themselves to attend the main event. Ariadne decides to check around the surroundings of the circus to see if she sees some kind of gas vents/holes or machinery that could be used by the Magician later on the night, but sees nothing unusual. She notes that there are restricted areas near the larger tents where some of the workers usher her away.

Ice says to Ariadne, "Maybe we should stick together. Probably not much going to happen out front where everyone is and we would be safer together."

Eissa and Althea will concentrate on a large tent to their left upon entry. They casually try to get near to it, but a worker tries to get them to go elsewhere in the circus. The same happens at the other large tent. From this you realize that the movements of everyone there is monitored so that people do not 'wander' around the encampment.

Thorian, a very ambitious young lad lays out his plan for the show within his mind, he thinks...

I'm going to find, if possible, an unattached female who looks well to do, but then again, we are in a Village. However I may just be lucky if one of the royalties is there from the cities. I'll sit down next to her and schmooze through the whole show. I'll keep a careful watch on the magician, and when everyone appears to be hypnotized I will steal the girl's purse. And possibly the purses of a few other people sitting nearby. The more unaware of their surroundings everybody seems to be, the more daring I will be with the purse snatching.

The plan seems well, but his thirst for gold is not greater than his above average intelligence for the obvious... there are no royalties around, mostly older folk, and none that are well to do.

Airmed takes a few deep breaths and stretches in various directions for a few moments while collecting her thoughts...

"If 'tis all the same to thee, I shall wish to enter the performance tent early, well before the crowds arrive. I wish to examine the stage area in particular. Perchance there might be a prop or two on the stage that may yield some clues. I shall try to sit fairly close to the stage during the performance, keeping a keen eye especially on the magician's gestures for signs of sleight-of-hand and other such common deceptions. I shall avoid looking directly into his eyes, as to fend off any possible attempts at hypnotism."

Airmed casts a sidelong glance at Thorian.

"I pray that my partner, Thorian, pays more attention to our most urgent task of observing the show, rather than the lasses. If we come away unaffected from the performance, there shall be plenty of pockets to pick as we follow the exiting crowd."

Shade is a little nervous about the lovely woman.

"My first impulse would be to follow her, but if we do follow her I would be very leery."

Wimplo stays calmly,

"Alright Shade, lets go in. Whatever weapon you have, dagger I presume... keep it hidden but out? I will have my long sword ready. I have a funny feeling she is a magician too, so she will try to fool one of us. We should be ready to attack/stop her if she attacks us."

Wimplo and Shade go nearer to the woman, her beauty have such a dazzling effect on them and they find themselves anxious to be in her presence.

The woman watches Wimplo and Shade in a tantalizing way...

"Have ye a gold piece lads or anything of significant value? For a gold piece I shall tell you your future, your dreams, your love, your aspirations..."

Wimplo and Shade's heart starts to pump harder as though they were doing their morning duties of taking care of animals on a farm. Wimplo feels his pouch for the gold he has on him, it is there, it is easy to give this woman a gold piece, after all, her aura is much more that the worth of one measly piece of gold.

GM: Say what you will do now.

17th Jul, 2004 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Circus World Medieval PBP RPG

The Game Master says...

Frustrated at having no privacy to do their quiet searching, Althea says, "C'mon, Eissa. Let's get to the games, and perchance we'll have a tidbit from the food vendor whilst we ponder this situation." Althea realizes her blunder as soon as it's out of her mouth. "Oh! My treat, of course." She smiles kindly at the youngster, and gestures for her to follow.

"Don't worry," Eissa smiles, "I'm not hungry anyway. And besides, I don't mind the games, so we can go there anyway. Just..." she pauses, remembering her recent run of bad luck in things to do with chance. "I've never had much good luck, so I don't think you might want to trust me with them. Ah... shall we go?" With a final cursory glance to the tents, and making a particularly rude hand sign at the guards under her cloak, Eissa smiles at Althea.

Their are many games and types of chances that can be taken... there are also prizes to be won. You are not sure if you want to participate or not. For one gold piece you can have three attempts.

Meanwhile, Thorian is thinking, "Hmm, the pickings don't look quite as good as I had hoped." He sits instead in a crowded section, where the tight fit will make pocket picking less noticeable, turns to a nearby person. "How are you my good man? So what have you heard about this magician?" Thus he begins pestering people around him for information.

The responses given are full with more questions that answers as they to have come for the first time.

Ice whispers to Ariadne: "We should not be so easily discouraged. I think I have an idea that might work. Let's hook up with Althea and Eissa and we can tell them of it. Here is the plan. You and I will stage a rather loud argument with pushing and shoving of each other. While the workers are distracted, Althea and Eissa can sneak into the tent and see what is in it. They are theives so they ought to be able to get in unnoticed if we cause a distraction. You could maybe make fun of me for wearing my armor, etc., to the circus for example."

Ariadne looks at Ice and says, "That's a terrific idea. Let's fake we are fighting and the thieves can sneak out through the tent and see what's going on. We have to be very wise though, it may cost us that they kick us out from the circus for good."

After meeting up with Althea and Eissa near the gaming tents, Ice and Ariadne explain the diversion tactic. Althea's ears perk up, and she grins mischievously. "Perfect! Eissa and I will go near the largest tent to the east of the stage and await your shouting as our signal."

Meanwhile, Shade says to Wimplo, "I don't have any money but it may be better for you to just hand me a gold so that you don't go in there with a lot of money."

"Yeah Shade," Wimplo says, "you are probably right. I'll cover your arse." He hands Shade one gold.

Shade takes the gold and whispers to Wimplo, "Hopefully this gets her off our backs, I'll be back in a trice." Shade then answers the woman, "Sure here's a gold. Do we have to go in the tent or can we just do it out here?"

Wimplo gives Shade one GP to give to the Palm Reader. Wimplo decides to wait just outside the tent. With the wink of her eye she beckons Shade to come in. Shade does not even look back. Shade enters with a smile on his face and a look of naive that is similar to a child receiving freshly baked cookies.

Inside the tent of the woman is small, there is room enough for three to four people at the most. Lined on the tent and overhead are strangle looking articles of feathers, skulls and pieces of rock. In the middle is a table with a crystal ball on it, she asks that you sit down - you do so - and she then asks...

"So what do you want to know about your future, I will tell you?"

Ice and Ariadne decide to execute the devised plan to fake a loud fight to create a diversion so that Althea and Eissa can sneak into a tent. The warriors meet the two thieves near the gaming and discuss it. Althea and Eissa wait near tent F on the east side until they hear the shouting. Then they will wait for the guards/watchmen/workers to be distracted and sneak in the tent.

Ice shouts over to Ariadne while pushing her off... the motion and insults heard starts to turn heads - your plan is already working. Ariadne gets up and tries to lunge towards Ice, but already some burly men are restraining her. You both start a war of words and it has become prime opportunity for Althea and Eissa to enter tent F. You successfully do so, but upon entering you are confronted by a woman who is dressed in the most revealing costume that would cause any man to stare. She is shocked by your sudden intrusion and moves back quickly into the arms of a man who's look is most frightful. Not that he is scarry or hideous, but all the different he is most handsome, but his eyes pierce of anger and his aura seems to darken the light that comes from nearby candles and torches.

"What be this intrusion and loud noise that keeps me from my preparations?"

Meanwhile...

Thorian and Airmed seek to get into tent D, but the show has not started yet, it will not be for another hour yet with the final show - the one with the magician - to be in two hours. You are told by someone, a worker of the Circus, standing at the entrance of the tent, to have a look around the games, food and so on until that time.

GM: Say what you will do now keeping in mind that certain characters need to make a decision.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: [medieval] Circus

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,