Prostitution - Page 2 of 7

First, I think prostitution should be legal, - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Feb, 2005 - 10:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Prostitution is the oldest employment according to many, but do you think it should be legal? Many say what they do with their body is up to them, what say you and give specific statements to backup your position.
31st Jan, 2005 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Prostitution - Page 2

I'm sorry, but I cannot accept that this story is true. Yes, Germany just passed a new law (Hartz IV) that allows the government to cut unemployment benefits, if no available jobs are taken, but German laws also states that someone cannot be forced into prostitution, as that would be a violation of a person's rights.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 21 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.1%

Sponsored Links:
1st Feb, 2005 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Prostitution

Actually, the story is true and has made a LARGE variety of new sources. The new law just wasnt well enough thought out. However, I do agree that they will not actually force this person into prostitution.

There will always be prostitution. It has been around for a mighty long time. I have no problems with its legalization, as it can make it safer for those that find themselves in that business. However, should there be encouragement or forced entry into this profession - NO. Do I think tax dollars should be spent in this area - NO. I guess I am more for decriminalization of it. I know that that is a very fine difference.

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2005 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Prostitution
A Friend

Prostitution History & Civil Business Politics

I am all for legalize the prostitution. There are no real draw-backs ! there is not something bad related to the prostitution that become even larger because it was legalized (not far as I know) but lots of stuff that were improve because of it. Yes is against some beliefs to recognize something like that but recognized or not is there. It will not disappear if we just say is not there.

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2005 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

Prostitution
A Friend

Page 2 Prostitution

This post has been taken to a rather extreme end. Legalizing prostitution will not bring forced prostitution into the picture. What it will do is allow for our jails not to be crowded with people who chose to have sex with a consenting adult. It will keep women who choose to have sex for money out of prison and ultimately, out of trouble.

There is no basis for a claim that says this is rape and getting upset about what is does to women. The key here is choice, like anything else, you can always walk away. I know the argument is coming that some of these women cant just walk away. Well, if I walk away from my job, I have no income to support my family, but I can still walk away.

I think Nighthawk hit it right on the head. I don't think prostitution is right, I just don't think you should jail two consenting adults. It goes back to the argument of legislating morality. The only reason to make it illegal is the belief that it is morally wrong. Let others chose their own moral beliefs as long as it isn't hurting anyone outside of the ones choosing. And like driving a car, the person doing the choosing is responsible for anyone he hurts around him.

I have a daughter and the idea of her being a prostitute absolutely sickens me. But so does the idea that she would no longer have the choice to choose what to do with her body. Its not a bad thing to give consenting adults the right to have sex, whether for money or not.

1st Feb, 2005 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

Prostitution

I have a daughter and the idea of her being a prostitute absolutely sickens me

This is a very important point. Most people do not see it as a big deal as long as their loved ones are not involved on it. But when laws are set, are set for everyone. So if you agree with prostitution, then you have to agree of your daughter, wife or another loved one choosing that lifestyle.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2005 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Prostitution
A Friend

Prostitution

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 1-Feb 05, 7:53 AM)
So if you agree with prostitution, then you have to agree of your daughter, wife or another loved one choosing that lifestyle.

Like I said, I dont approve of prostitution, I agree with the choice of consenting adults. I hate the idea of drunk drivers, I hate the idea of second hand cigarette smoke. I hate the idea of the lack of choice more. My children need to have the rights to choose when they are of age. Period.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Feb, 2005 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Prostitution - Page 2

Oh, I forgot to give my standpoint in the last post.

I also agree that prostitution should be legal. I personally think it will help to greatly reduce the crimes done to prostitutes, since they would know be able to report those crimes, without fear of being arrested. Of course, if it is legalized, medical screenings should also be put into place.

I also want to add something to the situation in Germany. The law has certain loopholes, like, a Muslim would not be forced to work in a butcher shop, or the likes of that. That also applies to male and female prostitution.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 21 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.1%

1st Feb, 2005 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Prostitution Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

First, I think prostitution should be legal, but I don't think that means it isn't immoral. If it is true that Germany is even forcing people to work on sex lines which isn't true prostitution, that is wrong. It is immoral to me. It isn't for the State to decide what is immoral and what isn't. I consider it immoral to have sex when you aren't married. That is my religious belief. Yet, it isn't illegal and I don't believe it should be. The point is, even if prostitution is illegal, it can still be immoral.

If Germany is really forcing people to take jobs on sex lines then they have really sunk lower than low in my opinion. I truly hope it isn't true. This would be a sad example of the direction in which society is heading. However, it still doesn't mean that prostitution shouldn't be legal...in my opinion.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Prostitution

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,