Another 9/11

Another 9/11 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd May, 2004 - 12:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Can NY better deal with a similar event if it happened today?
Post Date: 20th May, 2004 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Another 9/11

HOW PREPARED IS NEW YORK FOR ANOTHER ATTACK?

The 9/11 commission convened for a second day of hearings in New York City
Wednesday. The panel focuses on the emergency response after the twin towers
were hit. Commission member Richard Ben-Veniste joined "American Morning" to
discuss how prepared he thinks New York City is for another attack. "Well,
they are better prepared, but I don't think "¦ [they are] where we want them to
be [yet.]
"¦ I think the communication system needs to be fixed so that the
fire department and police can talk to one another and information can be
shared. "¦ There were obviously things that went wrong, but there's a lot that
went right. A lot of people were saved. Most of the people were evacuated.
When we think of the size of that building and the enormity of the attack, in
this catastrophe many more lives could have been lost. "¦ So, there was room
for improvement and we are trying to make the city safer by making
recommendations that can be adopted, some of which have already come forward."

Ref. This segment was excerpted from "American Morning," which features daily
interviews with top newsmakers and celebrities.

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2004 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Another

I believe we are a forgetful people. We haven't had a major attack in the US since 9/11 so people lose their resolve. After 9/11 everyone spoke of tough defensive and offensive tactics to take to prevent this from ever happening again. No one minded waiting in line two hours to go through security checks at the airport, etc.

Now, we are all about the inconvenience that it is causing. Also we are worried about civil liberties being infringed upon by ID checks, etc. I think the people in NY and probably other parts of the US and the world as well, are not as willing to bear the financial burden which would be required to truly be as secure and prepared as possible.

I listen to a conservative radio talk show occasionally and the host predicted this would happen. He made his prediction within days of the attacks. It is just human nature, in my opinion. We can't worry about everything so we concern ourselves with whatever issues are most pressing to us at the time.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

20th May, 2004 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

Another 9/11 History & Civil Business Politics

Even though I believe you can prepare with some security, how in the world a city or country can fully be prepared against an attack like 9/11????!! Think about it.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

22nd May, 2004 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

Another

Exactly, LDS, we cannot possibly be prepared for every eventuality. First of all, how can we even imagine every possible event that could happen. Just the same though, whever financial times are tough the first budgets cut are the fire and police forces.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

22nd May, 2004 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Another

I heard all the arguments about whether what happened in 9/11 could be avoid or not, I personally do not think it could have been possible, they can do the same thing in any building of the USA or any other country right now and nothing could be done about it because the terrorists act when your defense is really low and you least expected and that's why we need to get rid of them, the problem is that once you get rid of some, other are born again. lipsrsealed.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

22nd May, 2004 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Another 9/11

I would like to point out that we are constantly criticized for everything we do to prevent more terrorist attacks, from the USA PATRIOT ACT, to any attempts to increase security at our borders, to taking out the terrorist infrastructures.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd May, 2004 - 9:19pm / Post ID: #

Another 9/11

Yes, but many of the people doing the critizing are other US citizens. No racial profiling, no federal IDs, etc. This all infringes on our civil liberties. Immediately after 9/11 everyone was screaming for these tactics. Now that we have gone a few years without another attack, everyone is screaming about civil liberties.

23rd May, 2004 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Another 9/11 Politics Business Civil & History

I would like to point out that we are constantly criticized for everything we do to prevent more terrorist attacks, from the USA PATRIOT ACT

Can you please tell me more about this Patriot Act and what's behind the criticism?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Another 9/11

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,