Alternative Evolutionary Timeline - Page 2 of 2

Most definitely we are evolving as our world - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 11th Dec, 2007 - 3:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
A real Planet of the Apes?
Post Date: 14th May, 2006 - 5:44am / Post ID: #

Alternative Evolutionary Timeline
A Friend

Alternative Evolutionary Timeline - Page 2

Considering that this thread so easily got off the subject of an alternate timeline, I will bring it back to the original question, which was not about whether evolution really happened or whether it should be taught in school.

Neo Said:
Many sci-fi shows have as its' theme the concept of an alternative evolutionary timeline or in other words... if man evolved from apes to what we are today, then why not, on some distant planet out there have lizards evolve, or insects, etc. Do you think this is possible or is this earth and our current state of affairs highly unique and unlike any other.

I think it is very possible that in another time line on another planet or even our own, things are different. I think that since we don't know what is on other planets, then we have to consider that we are not the only planet that was either created or that evolved. In fact, another species existing in either our form or another such as a lizard type people, would contradict our religions or science and would make life a bit more interesting don't you think?

Sponsored Links:
8th Jul, 2006 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

Timeline Evolutionary Alternative

Kon has such a bright mind as always. I believe in all types of theories. It is quite possible for other types or evolution to occur else where but can we prove it, not really. Maybe we did, maybe we didn't evolve from apes, but in my opinion we did but it's just as possible to have evolved from a lizard or bird or even an insect. Maybe we evolved differently for each race or person.

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2006 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Alternative Evolutionary Timeline UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Something else to make this conversation much more interesting is how these other races would end up. Decidedly our history from evolution or creation has been colored by our experiences has human beings. But perhaps another race would have a different experience in their trek to find their place. If this planet evolved along the same lines with dinosaurs, but the dinosaurs developed the intellect and ability to walk and make tools, how would they differ from us in their beliefs and technology? Would it be the same as ours or would it be very different from us? Remember, we aren't talking about evolution happening, but rather what would happen in an alternate universe or timeline.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2006 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Timeline Evolutionary Alternative

In my opinion we did not evolve from apes but we have a common ancestor. Creatures evolve to suit their environment. In the future, large brains that consume 20% of our calories, might not be suited to a future environment.

How creatures would evolve on other planets:

A planet with half of Earth gravity: Insects and other creatures with exoskeletons could be twice as large.

A planet with an atmosphere twice as dense as Earth: Much heavier creatures could fly

A planet with more gravity than Earth: all the creatures would be stronger. Maybe in the future if we discover a habitable planet with 1.5 Earth gravity we will send our olympic athletes there to train.

11th Dec, 2007 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Timeline Evolutionary Alternative

It seems like researchers are saying that Human Evolution is speeding up, what do you think?

WASHINGTON - Science fiction writers have suggested a future Earth populated by a blend of all races into a common human form. In real life, the reverse seems to be happening. People are evolving more rapidly than in the distant past, with residents of various continents becoming increasingly different from one another, researchers say.

"I was raised with the belief that modern humans showed up 40,000 to 50,000 years ago and haven't changed," explained Henry C. Harpending, an anthropologist at the University of Utah. "The opposite seems to be true."

"Our species is not static," Harpending added in a telephone interview.

That doesn't mean we should expect major changes in a few generations, though, evolution occurs over thousands of years.

Harpending and colleagues looked at the DNA of humans and that of chimpanzees, our closest relatives, they report in this week's online edition of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

If evolution had been proceeding steadily at the current rate since humans and chimps separated 6 million years ago there should be 160 times more differences than the researchers found.

That indicates that human evolution had been slower in the distant past, Harpending explained.

"Rapid population growth has been coupled with vast changes in cultures and ecology, creating new opportunities for adaptation," the study says. "The past 10,000 years have seen rapid skeletal and dental evolution in human populations, as well as the appearance of many new genetic responses to diet and disease."

And they found that different changes are occurring in Africans, Asians and Europeans.

Most anthropologists agree that humans first evolved in Africa and then spread to other areas, and the lighter skin color of Europeans and Asians is generally attributed to selection to allow more absorption of vitamin D in colder climate where there is less sun.

The increase in human population from millions to billions in the last 10,000 years accelerated the rate of evolution because "we were in new environments to which we needed to adapt," Harpending adds. "And with a larger population, more mutations occurred."

In another example, the researchers noted that in China and most of Africa, few people can digest fresh milk into adulthood. Yet in Sweden and Denmark, the gene that makes the milk-digesting enzyme lactase remains active, so almost everyone can drink fresh milk, explaining why dairy farming is more common in Europe than in the Mediterranean and Africa, Harpending says.

The researchers studied 3.9 million gene snippets from 270 people in four populations: Han Chinese, Japanese, Africa's Yoruba tribe and Utah Mormons who traced their ancestry to northern Europe...

11th Dec, 2007 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Most definitely we are evolving as our world is not static thus neither are the creatures exposed to it. I fully believe the observations are true based on one fact. The earth has been altered more in the last 100 years then in the previous 10,000 due to human technological advancements. A species only changes to adapt to changes in its environment so thus we now are changing faster.

Back to the actual thread topic, I fully think our time line is actually less linear then thought and that is more like a ball of string wrapped tightly so that our present time is closed passed by a time line both in the past and in the future. From many things I have read and some experiences people have and even some clips from the bible are what tend to make me think this. Some of the anomalies in the bible Mousetrails has so well documented and the fact that the people note a smell often before an angel appears or how did the Egyptians manage the fine stone skills they had? I personally think it might be a by product of being able to pass over that barrier between the time lines. I have little to back this up with besides just saying it is more just a gut feeling.

As far as what might be occurring on in different planets, I seen a document on a system that has a sun same class as our own and the planet is the same distance from it as earth is from our sun. They strongly suspect it has water and some limited atmosphere. If we just now are seeing this one I would like to think that there are likely many like it. As such some sort of life likely does exist on one of them and given all life as we know it evolves so likely will theirs, after all what do we ever see in the universes that is stable and unchanging?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Alternative Evolutionary Timeline

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,