Legal Age To Drive?

Legal Age Drive - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 28th Apr, 2008 - 1:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 23rd May, 2004 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Legal Age To Drive?

Driving is a risk, allowing someone of young mind behind a vehicle of awesome power is an even greater risk. What is the minimum legal age to drive in your country? Are you happy with that age limit or should it be greater or lower?

Sponsored Links:
23rd May, 2004 - 8:11am / Post ID: #

Drive Age Legal

All things involve risk - the question therefore remains who assesses the risk and makes the decision? Governments are there to protect freedom, not decide what is too risky or not.

Parents should guide a child responsibly as to when and what they can drive; I do not believe government should set an age for driving, nor do I believe that it should have any power to license the same.

Dubhdara.

23rd May, 2004 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

Legal Age To Drive? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

What is the minimum legal age to drive in your country? Are you happy with that age limit or should it be greater or lower?

In my country Argentina, the legal age to drive is 18. I think it should be 21 taking in consideration that Argentina is the number one country with more traffic accidents in the world. sad.gif

23rd May, 2004 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Drive Age Legal

The minimum age for driving was recently increased to 18 in most states in the U.S.A. I think that was a good move, mostly. There are other requirements about training and so forth, which I also mostly agree with. However, there are some circumstances where I think it should be okay for families to decide about their own kids, particularly in situations where there is a family farm or a family business which requires driving at an earlier age. Kids in those types of situations seem to be more responsible, and the whole family shouldn't be penalized by restricting driving age.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

8th May, 2006 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

Drive Age Legal

I definitely agree with the minimum driving age being 18 instead of 16. Most 16-year old kids in the US are not ready to be behind the wheel of a car. Not many more 18-year old kids are either, but the risk is dramatically reduced.

8th May, 2006 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

Legal Age To Drive?

In England, the minimum age is 17. I don't think that it's too much about the age, so much as the maturity of the person wanting to drive. They have got to be past that 'I just want to race' attitude.
Having said that, the 2 tests that have to be completed here are very stringent,--one being theory, the other being a road test. so hopefully it wouldn't allow a bad driver to 'slip through the net.'
It is also highly recommended to take a 2 hour driving lesson just for the motorways, after having passed your test, as you can't drive on the motorway until you have passed. People who go straight on to the motorways at 70mph without having had lessons, have been known to cause many an accident, with having lack of knowledge.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th May, 2006 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Legal Age Drive

The minimum age in Utah is still 16.

I don't think that it's too much about the age, so much as the maturity of the person wanting to drive.

I know I'm in the minority, at least where I live, but I agree with this except I would change the word maturity to experience. In some ways they are similar in meaning but I feel experience behind the wheel is what makes for a good driver and a beginner is always inexperienced, regardless of their age.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2008 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Legal Age Drive Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Name: Mark

Comments: Well I'm a young driver who has passed his test and I feel you should have to retake your test when you reach 50 because your experience becomes your ego and not fact and your reactions become slower. I have seen experienced drivers pull out in front of me without looking and thats dangerous on roads too. I think 17 is about the right age to learn to drive because no 17 year old can afford a car that goes fast enough to race.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Legal Age To Drive?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,