Mormon Calling And Election Made Sure - Page 5 of 16

Ok, So I read the entire post. This is a topic - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Sep, 2008 - 10:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »
An interesting Topic that has so many implications to it. For those outside of the Church and some within it refers to the promise that Eternal Life will be yours. For others it means something more, even in this life. What are your thoughts about Calling And Election Made Sure?
15th Sep, 2005 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Calling And Election Made Sure - Page 5

This topic truly excited me some months ago, but I have allowed my current blessings in Argentina to cause me to loose vision about it. I am now ready to reaffirm that this is what I need to ensure for my family and I.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2006 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Sure Election Calling Mormon

"It is one thing to see the kingdom of God, and another thing to enter into it. We must have a change of heart to see the kingdom of God, and subscribe the articles of adoption to enter therein."
-- Joseph Smith, Nauvoo, Illinois - October 15, 1843, History of the Church, 6:58

6th Nov, 2007 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Calling And Election Made Sure Studies Doctrine Mormon

What a wonderful doctrine.

When I read Section 132:19 it appears that the promise of exaltation is based upon covenant keeping.

...then shall it be written in the Lamb's Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world;

I think sometimes we ignore one little saying in the above scripture. It is "If ye abide in my covenant". In my opinion an assurance of exaltation does not mean that we will be held blameless if we willfully defy the Lord.

In verse 21 of the 132 section it says

21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory.

That is why I think to achieve ones calling and election one must have passed though the tests that they had been called to do. I am sure these are not easy tests and I am not even sure that I know what those tests are.

I love the Quote by Joseph Smith. It leads me to believe that the calling and election was preceded by an extended (unspecified) time of faithfulness and learning, rather then a flawed being changing in an instant when they receive their calling and election.

9th Nov, 2007 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Sure Election Calling Mormon

That quote by Joseph is what I sometimes try to share in the regular LDS Deep Doctrine Board to those that come and spell out these long posts about how they have it all figured out. This Gospel is literally about being like the sheep or a little child: just be happy, do as you are instructed and you will get the reward. Of course the natural man hates to do what he is being told to do because we are fed the notion by the enemy that we are somehow giving up freedom or things that we like to do. Reaching a state of release where you give your agency to the Lord without remorse for me is where you have made your self sure for the reward of Salvation and Exaltation.

9th Nov, 2007 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Sure Election Calling Mormon

Reaching a state of release where you give your agency to the Lord

One of the most beautiful explanations I have seen of giving up one's own will to the will of the Father.

Thank You JB

21st Nov, 2007 - 7:15am / Post ID: #

Mormon Calling And Election Made Sure

Regarding the sins that happen after a persons calling and election I am fairly positive I learned that the atonement no longer covers them. In saying that, I will have to obviously find the sources of that statement. I was under the impression that they, themselves, would have to pay for whatever sins happened.
Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Nov, 2007 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Calling Election Sure - Page 5

I believe within this Thread it was mentioned that they are answerable to the Lord, but not to the Church.

Rather off topic, but...
I am hoping to have some more KoZ2 Topics up that cover some of this.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2008 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Calling And Election Made Sure
A Friend

Mormon Calling Election Sure Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

Ok, So I read the entire post. This is a topic that is very dear to me... Here are my first thoughts...

The only problem is, his records don't show it. After receiving the Second Annointing, people can't be excommunicated. Only the Lord can take action against them. - NightHawk

This is correct, however because the local leadership do not know this they often do excommunicate which effects the records of the LDS church at best and does not have any barring on the records in heaven, the Church of the First Born. 2 very diffrent churches.

This doesn't mean the Lord won't call them to repentance first. In order for a person to have received this election the Lord has to know them very well (as he does all of us) and he knows what they are capable of and what they are not. In the event they do something "unexpected" there is no way they can receive exaltation without repentance. That goes against the order and justice which the Lord himself sets forth in his Church.

This is a funny thing, because the law cannot disannul the promise making it of none effect, Gal. 3. Do they need to repent? No, because repentance is the lower law of salvation, these are they who live the higher law of exaltation and the scepter. Because God is bound by his word, they cannot fall except they choose to give it up by the unpardonable sin. Things do not work the same for those in this state of existence. Very different from what is taught in the LDS church under the Aaronis Priesthood. See my comments below about the atonement fulfilling its purpose in their lives...

Do any of you know anyone who claims to have had their calling and election made sure?

Yes, many, you may too and not know it.

Gaucho, if you would, email him and ask him if he still goes to Church, if he feels he still needs to partake of the sacrament, be baptized and so on and so forth.

Interesting questions, why do you ask? I am not him, but will answer for him. No he does not attend church, take the sacrement, he was already baptised and doesn't need to be any more. However, I know pleanty who do go to church and take the sacrement etc...

So is this still taught to temple workers or should I say... made available to them? Why doesn't the Church talk about this more?

It is not taught to temple workers directly. As an ordainance worker, my wife began to wonder what authority she was using and we asked the temple President. It bacame clear that he did not know the answer and told us we shouldn't be talking to each other about the temple ordinances and their diffrences. He thought that the women used his authority to do the ordainances. We found out later that is not the case. He also admited to not having his calling and election made sure.

I really don't think that anyone who has experienced it would talk to you about it, unless you have received it.  I just think that those who receive it are extremely quiet about it.

They are willing to talk if they are impressed by the Spirit and have hte right audience. There are many who are "missionaries" trying to bring others to the Church of the First Born via calling and election made sure. They are willing to talk about it. They travel the world or work in their own areas doing such work as directed by the Holy Ghost.

Could it be that people are called to receive this unworthy? If so, it would be sad for them to think they have their election sure when they do not, or are we saying the power of the ordinance overrides their unworthiness and makes them worthy?

Ultimately no. There is an exception but I don't want to discuss it now. For the purposes of the general masses of the church it is not an blessing you can receive by 'tricking" or lying to your leaders primarily because they often have not received it and do not have to authorize it. Again, diffrent churches diffrent doctorines and unrealted protocols.

The Second Annointing, as I understand it, occurs only in the Holy of Holies in the temple. I think that the Stake President has to be informed by a General Authority, then interviews the person and issues the recommend. Final interview would most likely be an Apostle.

These are common misconceptions. The stake President doesn't know about it at all as they may not have received it. More often than not, the apostles and prophet do not know about it either. It does not have to happen in the Holy of Holies, but could, it does not happen the way most people look for it and so, many have received it but do not recognize it or accept it, thus the blessing is of no use to them.

We do know that without Celestial Marriage, we cannot get into the highest level, so having a Celestial Marriage sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise, along with the Calling and Election appears to me to be what is necessary to enter that level.

That makes sense logically but not in application. The youngest person I know that received their calling and election made sure was 20 years old, not married and was serving a mission. Awesome experience! I was able to witness it as he was my companion at the time. Marriage can come after the promise. Many are born into the promise and thus promised exaltation from birth. (Oooh I feels some questions or challenges coming on that one...) ;-)

"It is true that I was hunted down and "ordered" to take down the TOG website on threat of excommunication.  They went through with it in my absence. To me, it
was irrelevant, I had left the church years before.  To use the Mormon vernacular, I've had my "calling and election sure" and "overcome death", understanding
fully by experience what it means, so such things as fear (of excommunication from the LDS church) have no hold on me any longer.

I love this website and he sent me a copy of it on CD. Great points! I have never met this man in person, but know him well enough to know that he did indeed receive his calling and election made sure as he says. The TOG stands for Temple of God referring to our own temples or the houses of our spirits. Unfortunately, becasue the doctrines ofthe Church of the First Born are so diffrent from those of the LDS church, many who become scholars of the new doctrines are excomunicated. For example, imagine telling your Bishop that you no longer can accept the Atonment of Christ to cover your sins. Bye, bye temple recomend, mabey a church court is you started teaching people the new teachings of a differnt church, etc. The LDS church teaches primarily the Preparatory Gospel which leads people to the actual Gospel or Higher law. But the lower law must be fulfilled. If you teach the higher law to the people who fallow the lower law, you generally get a stop order...

Someone who would reveal Temple truths on a website after covenanted not to discuss such things out of the Temple hardly sounds like the type of person who would receive such a blessing from the Lord.

There is only 1 covenant to not reveal anything in the temple. It refers to revealing a name in connection with a sign and token all at the same time. There is no other covenant to not reveal or discuss the temple.

But something it is very clear to me, those who received the Second Anointing and make their Calling and Election sure are not allowed to tell others about it (just like we do not discuss the things we do in the Temples). The reason I said this is that I'm almost sure several people have received it but they don't talk about it because they are not allowed to.

Supprise! This is a doctrine of the devil. It effectively is a 2 phased Silencing mechanism as it does the following:

Phase 2 - It discredits those that do not shut their mouths so that others will not listen to them. Others who believe this say, "If they really did receive it, they couldn't tell us about it, so we can know that they didn't really receive it. They must then be liars or deceived." Very effective tactic!
Phase 1 - Shuts the mouths of those who have received it from telling others about it or how to receive it. The Elect say, "If I tell others they won't believe me, and they will think I am lying or deceived. These pearls are too personal to me to have attacked."

Regarding the sins that happen after a persons calling and election I am fairly positive I learned that the atonement no longer covers them. In saying that, I will have to obviously find the sources of that statement. I was under the impression that they, themselves, would have to pay for whatever sins happened.
Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

Yes, that is correct, but many who have their calling and election have not learned this. Just like when you join the church you do not magially have all the answers and become a scholar in the doctrine, those who receive their calling and election can also progress at their choosen speed. They have not by any means hit the end, but rather a new beginning. Some don't experience more than receiving the promise. They may not even know they are members of the CoFB, or how to commune with the general assemble or orther blessings. They still progress or not, just as we do now.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: Mormon Calling And Election Made Sure

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,