LDS Movie Craze

Lds Movie Craze - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Apr, 2004 - 5:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
15th Aug, 2003 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

LDS Movie Craze

What is it with all the LDS movies? Everyone that belongs to the Church seems to be fanatical about it.  It is about time that they made a Book of Mormon movie. I hope they pick really good actors and use all the effects - no low budget cuts please!

MORMON MOVIE MADNESS
It started with one. In March 2000, Richard Dutcher's "God's Army" stormed Utah
theater box offices, earning $88,584 in just three days. The film, which cost
$300,000 to make, went on to gross a total of $2.6 million before going to
video.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...46951%2C00.html

'BOOK OF MORMON' COMING TO BIG SCREEN'
Over the years, multitudes of LDS Church members have discussed and daydreamed
-- often during Sunday School -- about how somebody should make the Book of
Mormon into a movie.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...46961%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
30th Aug, 2003 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Craze Movie LDS

spock.gif Well while we are at it, why don't we make a Johnny Lingo one too:

JOHNNY LINGO: AN EIGHT-COW MOVIE

During nearly three decades in Hollywood, Gerald R. Molen has worked with many
of the film industry's biggest names -- Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, Robert
Redford, Tom Cruise, Robin Williams. . . .
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...50323%2C00.html

I remember watching this short film many years ago when slide film was popular... remember that?

3rd Apr, 2004 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

LDS Movie Craze Studies Doctrine Mormon

Book of Mormon - The Movie?

Has anyone seen this yet? If you have, please do post a review. I wonder if it will be up to expectations. There is an official site up at: https://www.bookofmormonmovie.com

LDS Movie Craze
LDS Movie Craze (Hover)

3rd Apr, 2004 - 4:18am / Post ID: #

Craze Movie LDS

It was recently in a town about 40 miles from here, but I couldn't get there. sad.gif

I understand that if you can get 1,000 signatures, they will bring it to your city. I've also heard the costumes and beards etc are kind of hokey, but the movie itself -- acting and so forth -- is very good.

Roz

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2004 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

LDS Movie Craze
A Friend

Craze Movie LDS

I saw it several months ago. The movie kept to the script pretty much. It was noticebly low budget and overall I was a little disappointed. I don't know how it fared financially, but there are plans to do 8 or 9 movies total.

7th Apr, 2004 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

LDS Movie Craze

It was noticebly low budget

That is disappointing since I have seen many low budget movies with quality acting and props. What exactly about the movie disappointed you?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Apr, 2004 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

LDS Movie Craze

I saw it several months ago. The movie kept to the script pretty much. It was noticebly low budget and overall I was a little disappointed.

I didn't see the movie but I was a bit disaapointed with the choice of actors (of course, there were only a couple of well known actors) but what dissapointed me is that some of them look so 'Hollywood-type' not very close what I think the Nephites and Lamanaties looked like, what do you think about it gaucho?.

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2004 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

LDS Movie Craze
A Friend

LDS Movie Craze Mormon Doctrine Studies

It was actually an ok movie. I think I was disappointed to a degree because it wasn't a great movie. It wasn't on the level of The Ten Commandments or other biblical blockbusters. I don't think it will persuade non members to be curious about the church which I think should be a goal when making a movie on the Book of Mormon.

As far as the actors...yes they were white anglos. This was before the Lord changed the Lamanites to a dark and loathsome people. But on the other hand, people from Jerusalem are not white so to speak. I don't know what Lehi's party would have looked like.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: LDS Movie Craze

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,