Should Condoms Be Available In Public Schools - Page 2 of 6

PEDIATRICIANS' GROUP: ABSTINENCE NOT - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 6th Jul, 2005 - 12:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Post Date: 27th May, 2004 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Should Condoms Be Available In Public Schools
A Friend

Should Condoms Be Available In Public Schools - Page 2

Thanks for sharing that with me , I think that was nice piece of advice. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I take this topic serious , because I see so many kids in the inner city go through so much drama. Alot of kids in the inner city come from dysfuntional homes or some live on the streets. I just hate to hear about so many young children dieing of Aids when some of it could of been prevented. Now myself , I will be there for my two children. All it takes from parents is a little bit of their time to sit and just talk with them. Or like you said through extended family or church. Again, thanks for the good advice.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jul, 2004 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Schools Public In Be Condoms Should

Here is an example of sex and condom education gone wrong in public school in my opinon:

ref: https://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=39588

Teacher has kids tasting flavored condoms

The New Mexico Health Department is standing behind a sex-education teacher in Santa Fe who encouraged ninth-graders to taste flavored condoms.

According to a report in the Santa Fe New Mexican, parent Lisa Gallegos said that when her 15-year-old daughter balked at putting a condom in her mouth, instructor Tony Escudero told her, "Come on, sweetie, have a little fun."

This next statement really takes the cake:

Also, Gallegos quotes her daughter as saying when a male student expressed his disgust with homosexual activity, Escudero said, "Never say never, because you never know. Someday you might like it that way."

Not only did this teacher humiliate some of his female students, but also gave him male students the impression that gay behavior was ok and acceptable. The worst part about this is that the teacher is not being reprimanded for this behavior, since no 'wrong' was done. Just one of the many reasons why sex education and condom distribution should not be a commonplace in public schools. If a student goes to the schools medical counselor etc, and has a confidential meeting and asks for condoms, then by all means grant them this after careful counseling. But leave it out of the classroom.

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 23rd Jul, 2004 - 3:27pm

23rd Jul, 2004 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Should Condoms Be Available In Public Schools UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

If I were the mom of one of those teenagers, I would be parked on the school district's front office lawn, with huge signs of protest.

Oh my gosh -- my stomach is in a major KNOT after reading this!!

Offtopic but,
This is one of those times when I want so badly to write a scathing letter to someone in authority -- and I'm so upset that I lose all ability to think or write clearly.

Roz
queasy in SoCal

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2004 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Schools Public In Be Condoms Should

ewwww....that's just disgusting and WRONG!! that teacher should be fired and thrown in and jail and....we won't go there...uh...i also think it's a bad idea to have condoms at school cuz it's like you're just encouraging kids to have sex...not good.

26th Jul, 2004 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Schools Public In Be Condoms Should

I take this topic serious , because I see so many kids in the inner city go through so much drama.

In a previous post you mention that kids in the inner city do get sex education:

Now in the inner city schools , I believe they have sexual education programs and they make condoms available.

To me that shows that the answer is not in making condoms available in school and having sex education. Has it stopped teen pregnancy or even reduced it in the inner city? I don't think so. I think it is a cultural issue not an educational issue.

Now, I do believe in the type of sex education that explains to a child about the physical changes their body is going to have happen. When I was in grade school girls watched a film geared to them and boys watched their own film. Separately. This was vitally important to me. I matured at a young age (young then anyway), I was 11. No one in my family had ever mentioned or discussed what happens to a girl when she "becomes a woman." If I hadn't seen those films, I would have been terrified when it happened to me. I was home alone at the time and would not have understood what was happening. I probably would have called an ambulance or something.

6th Nov, 2004 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Sex ed, for my opinion should be done by the school, along with all the other kinds of education. It is among the things children should know. What are STDs, how to prevent them, etc. However, providing condoms should not be allowed. That is not the school's responsibility. School is supposed to notify them of the importance of condoms, the rest is on their shoulders.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Nov, 2004 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Should Condoms Be In Public Schools - Page 2

I have carefully read everyone's veiws and agree with certain parts of nearly each contributor's post(s). All I can really do is offer a true story- my own. However, after careful consideration, I hesitate to fully publicize this very painful, private part of my life in any venue over which I have no control of who may see it. Therefore, I'll just add observations based on my experiences.

1) Many teens are sexually active. This has little or nothing to do with religious/socio/economic upbringing. Demographics and other statistics are only based on what's reported.

2) Despite all parental/authoritarian efforts to curtail teen sexual activity, it has, does, and will continue, to happen regardless of religious doctrine, optimal parenting, etc. This has been the case long before the advent of MTV and cable television. The media/pop culture blame-game is moot.

3) Reproduction and the realities of STDs, when addressed by whomever (parent/relative, teacher, clergy, et al), must be done so thoroughly in a mature, straighforward manner using accurate terminology. For me, lack of the latter caused much heartache. IMO, the term "family planning" should be ever stricken from common use. Call it what it is: birth control, disease prevention... Semantics do matter.

4) Teens are frequently afflicted with the belief they "know it all." They also tend to fancy themselves as being sophisticated beyond their years. However, try to find one who's sexually active in the corner drug store purchasing condoms. Despite all the self-delusions they fight tooth-and-nail to portray, they're usually just too self-conscious/embarassed to do so.

Based on what's presented above, it is my belief that condoms should be discreetly made available to teens, no questions asked. Herein lies the rub. Condoms are available at other places besides retail establishments at little or no cost. They can usually be obtained at one's local health department without hassle. In larger cities they are distributed through local AIDS related agencies such as Project Response. However, the associated stigma with either option prevent a majority of teens from utilizing these resources.

While I do not believe that condoms should be distributed in public schools (this would cost us tax payers money; we already pay for the health departments), they could be made accessible. This can be accomplished by simply contacting the major manufacturers and asking that vending machines be installed in all the restrooms. Most do an incredible ammount of community outreach every year to stem the tide of unwanted pregnancies and spread of STDs. Requests for these types of services are frequently granted.

Reconcile Edited: fugitive247 on 8th Nov, 2004 - 1:42am

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2005 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Should Condoms Be In Public Schools Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

PEDIATRICIANS' GROUP: ABSTINENCE NOT ENOUGH

A leading group of pediatricians says teenagers need access to birth control and emergency contraception, not the abstinence-only approach to sex education favored by religious groups and President Bush.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/parenting/0...y.ap/index.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Should Condoms Be Available In Public Schools

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,