How To Survive A Snake Bite

How Survive Snake Bite - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Jun, 2015 - 1:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
What to do after being bitten by a snake
Post Date: 26th May, 2004 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

Snake bites are not common, but if it did happen to you, would you know what to do? Here are some tips, the link has more information:

1. Keep the person calm, reassuring them that bites can be effectively treated in an emergency room. Restrict movement, and keep the affected area below heart level to reduce the flow of venom.

2. If you have a pump suction device (Such as that made by Sawyer), follow the manufacturer's directions.

3. Remove any rings or constricting items because the affected area may swell. Create a loose splint to help restrict movement of the area.

4. If the area of the bite begins to swell and change color, the snake was probably poisonous.

5. Monitor the person's vital signs -- temperature, pulse, rate of breathing, and blood pressure if possible. If there are signs of shock (Such as paleness), lay the victim flat, raise the feet about a foot, and cover the victim with a blanket.

6. Get medical help immediately.

7. Bring in the dead snake only if this can be done without risk of further injury. Do not waste time hunting for the snake, and do not risk another bite if it is not easy to kill the snake. Be careful of the head when transporting it -- a dead snake can bite from reflex for up to an hour.

Ref. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000031.htm

Sponsored Links:
31st May, 2004 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Bite Snake Survive How

From what little I know, the more colorful the snake the more likely it is to be have a bite full of deadly poison. However, I do know of a light green snake in Trinidad (very small - about a foot in length) that hangs from trees and is extremely toxic.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

8th Jun, 2004 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

How To Survive A Snake Bite History & Civil Business Politics

What is it called this light green snake in Trinidad?

I know in Okinawa they have these sea snakes that are quite beautiful to look at. Black with vibrant blue rings. They are extremely deadly. We were told when I was stationed there that if you got bit, you wouldn't even make it to shore to seek treatment. The good news is that they have a very small mouth on the underside of their head which means they can only bite in areas like finger tips, toe tips or between your fingers and toes.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

8th Jun, 2004 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Bite Snake Survive How

I tried doing a search for the local name, but I did not find anything - I would have to visit the zoo again, but I did find something that looks and acts like it - Blue Temple Viper:

A tree snake whose bite is haematotoxic and indeed very dangerous. The affected limb of snake bite victim must be completely immobilized and a stretch bandage should be applied. The victim then needs to be transferred to the nearest hospital or emergency room for observation of signs of invenemation. We do not recommend to use antivenin, unless the patient is developing symptoms of invenemation, since most snake bites do not inject significant amounts of venom during a bite.
Ref. https://www.expat.or.id/medical/poisonoussnakes.html
(scroll down to the bottom of the page to see pic)

By the way, I once heard tht drinking very small doses of snake venom can help you build up an immunity to a bite?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

8th Jun, 2004 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Bite Snake Survive How

I find it interesting what is said just below the bit about that snake on that web page about what not to do if bitten:

Manipulation of the wound, suction, squeezing, massage, cutting the skin or application of ointments or remedies only increases the absorption of the venom, and should never be attempted. A polyvalent antivenom is available at the International SOS clinics in Bali and Jakarta

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2010 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

La Jolla man dies from rattlesnake bite

A 67-year-old La Jolla resident died from a rattlesnake bite Wednesday while wading through a backcountry stream as part of a trout study near Cuyamaca Reservoir. Ref. Source 3

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2014 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

How Survive Snake Bite

Man bitten on hand by dead snake

JAKE Thomas thought there would be no risk of a bite from a red-bellied black snake 45 minutes after cutting it in half. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2015 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

How Survive Snake Bite Politics Business Civil & History

Pregnant mum sucks venom from son

A WOMAN, who is also nine-months pregnant, leapt into action after her son was bitten by a rattlesnake, sucking the venom out to try and save his life. Ref. Source 6a

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: How To Survive A Snake Bite

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,