To Help Or Not?

To Not - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th May, 2004 - 9:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Tricky US laws...
27th May, 2004 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

To Help Or Not?

Picture this scenario...

You are walking down the sidewalk, suddenly a man that was on a ladder ahead of you falls to the ground accidentally, he seems to be unconscious and not breathing. The wife who is nearby runs to him and starts crying. You pull out your cell phone and call the ambulance, but with him not breathing he could soon die so you give him mouth to mouth - he recovers!

Later on they do a full cat scan on the victim, he now suffers with paralysis due to what they say was you doing mouth to mouth on him - when you moved his head he suffered a vertebrae discontinuance or something similar and he has since filed a motion to sue you - what would you do if you knew that was coming?

Sometimes you wonder - should you help or not?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
27th May, 2004 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

Not Or To

I don't think I could just stand there and let him die, while his wife watches and wails... I could also get sued for just standing there doing nothing and letting him die. So sue me.

IMO
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

27th May, 2004 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

To Help Or Not? History & Civil Business Politics

I would definitely help.

Most places in the US now have "Good Samaritan" laws that protect those who try to help. Although some areas probably have rules about it, i.e., must be trained in CPR.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

27th May, 2004 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

Not Or To

I personally do not know CPR or am CPR trained so I wouldn't be able to help more than calling the ambulance. I wouldnt attempt CPR either if I wasnt trained. I believe in this particular case, I would have a good chance of winning the lawsuit because it was done with good intentions.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

27th May, 2004 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Not Or To

The thing with suits of this kind, is even if you win the case you loose time, money and effort that you have to make in defending yourself.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: To Help Or Not?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,