Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 6th Jul, 2005 - 6:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 28th May, 2004 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Pink Floyd

How do you rate Pink Floyd?

One of the most predominant and celebrated rock bands of all time, the origins of Pink Floyd developed at Cambridge High School. Syd Barrett (b. Roger Keith Barrett, 6 January 1946, Cambridge, England; guitar/vocals), Roger Waters (b. 9 September 1944, Great Bookham, Cambridge, England; bass/vocals) and David Gilmour (b. 6 March 1944, Cambridge, England; guitar/vocals) were pupils and friends there.
Ref. https://www.theiceberg.com/artist/2856/pink_floyd.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2004 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Pink Floyd
A Friend

Floyd Pink

Pink Floyd is by far my favorite British supergroup. I have a decent collection of tapes and CDs, mostly pre-split days. I've been to 2 concerts, and had a great time at both. I saw the movie "The Wall" the first week it was released in the theaters (had to lie my way in as I was legally underage at the time).

One thing most folks don't know is the origin on their name. It comes from 2 old blues greats, Pink Anderson and Floyd Council. cool.gif

23rd Jun, 2004 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Pink Floyd Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Great group, Pink Floyd. Sufficiently odd, politically incorrect, and with great lyrics and music. I miss the "old days" of classic rock n' roll...

IMO
Roz

Post Date: 4th May, 2005 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Pink Floyd
A Friend

Floyd Pink

I think Pink Floyd is an OK band though have a few flaws. I think all of their songs sounded a lot alike in albums such as Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. They use a little too much synthesizer for my taste. Syd Barret sang with too little emotion and it bored me listening too it. The sound effects they put in just about every song got annoying also.

There were better British rock bands out there, many of which were part of the British Invasion (e.g. The Beatles, The Who, The Rolling Stones).

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2005 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Floyd Pink

In Concert!

Pink Floyd's classic lineup of Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Rick Wright will perform for the first time in more than 20 years at the London Live 8 concert. The event, which aims to increase world awareness of African debt and hunger issues, will be held July 2 at the city's Hyde Park.
Ref. https://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_...t_id=1000955275

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2005 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

Pink Floyd
A Friend

Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd's classic lineup of Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Rick Wright will perform for the first time in more than 20 years at the London Live 8 concert. The event, which aims to increase world awareness of African debt and hunger issues, will be held July 2 at the city's Hyde Park.

And I've got tickets! Hooray!

For those that don't know, the recipients of tickets were chosen by lottery The tickets are free.

To enter the lottery, you had to send a text (cost £1.50) with the answer to a simple question to win one of about 150,000 pairs of tickets. My fiancee sent about 16 texts and she won.

So on Saturday July 2nd, I'll be watching Pink Floyd live in Hyde park, along with all these grat names.

Annie Lennox
Bob Geldof
Coldplay
Cure, The
Dido
Elton John, Sir
Joss Stone
Keane
Killers, The
Madonna
Mariah Carey
Ms. Dynamite
Muse
Paul McCartney, Sir
Razorlight
REM
Robbie Williams
Scissor Sisters
Snoop Dogg
Snow Patrol
Stereophonics
Sting
Travis
U2
Velvet Revolver

What a line up!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jun, 2005 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

Pink Floyd

And I've got tickets! Hooray!

You are so lucky!

I remember back in 1989, before the romanian revolution, The Wall was a huge hit among the romanian teenagers and also the intellectuals. My personal favorite is "Learning to fly".

6th Jul, 2005 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Pink Floyd Movies Music Fashion & Sports

My favorite Pink Floyd album would have to Welcome to the machine, I know shine on you crazy diamond takes up most of the album, but there is little gem of a song on there called Wish You Were Here, I love that song, I always drift away when I'm listening to it.
Not a huge fan of Dark Side of the Moon, I get irritated when I'm listening to it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pink Floyd

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,