First Thing You Check - Page 2 of 3

Very very true, I didn't think about - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2005 - 8:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
5th Feb, 2005 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

First Thing You Check - Page 2

Oh, yes yes - Munjpets! I try to check for my pet's status first thing when I log on. Also, now that I'm in cozyville, I see how much I have in Cozy pay. I also tend to check the raffle page to see what is the current jackpot, and also the auctions to see if there are any changes.

Sponsored Links:
5th Feb, 2005 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Check You First

Nearly totally random. I just surf and checkout anything that is of interest that day. At some point, I try to go back to the threads that I replied to from the previous day to see if there is anything new.

Just me,

Vincenzo

15th Feb, 2005 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

First Thing You Check Feedback & FAQ News Community

I am not sure how many use it, but 'My Assistant' is a valuable tool in letting you know how much you have missed and can help you upon your return to the Community.

6th Aug, 2005 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Check You First

First thing I check is the hot topics, then the welcome board, the boards I moderate, the RPGs, the threads I started, top posters and who's online.

23rd Dec, 2005 - 4:38am / Post ID: #

Check You First

On Firefox I have set it to do this with one click: open three tabs containing the main Forum, hot topics and then who's online. In this way I immediately see all that is going on in the Community. Then I regularly update the who's online and hot topics to see if anything is new.

23rd Dec, 2005 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

First Thing You Check

I myself now check who is online on the portal when I first open my browser since it is so convenient. Then I open my assistant and look at "posts since last visit". I may check my standings on todays top posters but not always. Then I pop over and check on the hot topics and zero reply boards. I like you JB also refresh pages periodically to make sure I know what is current. Have you thought about putting a tag in to auto refresh pages such as hot topics, portal, who's online, ect?

CODE
META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="360"

That is common on a lot of my personal web pages that I have content that changes.

Message Edited!
JB@Trinidad: added code tags for you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Dec, 2005 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

First You Check - Page 2

We used to have this when the YaBB script was installed, but I found that some would leave it on the page, leave their computer and it would just kill resources unnecessarily since most users these days have unlimited bandwidth.

23rd Dec, 2005 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

First You Check Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

Very very true, I didn't think about the fact that you have a few more hits per user than most of my pages do. wink.gif However, correct me if I am lying because it has honestly been a really long time but wasn't there a timeout tag or something to that effect that you could also put in the code to only allow a certain number of refreshes and then basically log out or redirect possibly to a page that doesn't have a refreshing capability.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: First Thing You Check

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,