LDS Near Death Experiences - Page 4 of 7

Russ, an obligation? I believe the answer - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Mar, 2010 - 12:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Mormon Near Death Experiences
Latter-Day Saint Perspective... / Mormon NDE / Mormons Who Experienced Near Death
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2008 - 10:04am / Post ID: #

LDS Near Death Experiences - Page 4

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 25-Sep 08, 8:12 PM)
Name: Judi

Comments: Nighthawk mentioned a girl and her father who do firesides about the girls NDE. I was unable to go to the link to find out more about it. Where can I get more info on her experience?

Name: Curtis

Comments: If you're trying to find info on the OBE girl and her father who does firesides, click on the link. Her first and last name will appear in the address info at the top of the screen. Copy her name into a search engine and you will find the info
you're looking for. That's how I did it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2009 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Experiences Death LDS

Name: Shelly

Comments: Hi, I just wanted to comment as I have become real interested in this subject for awhile. I know Sarah Menet, she took care of us when I was a little girl. She told us about her experience although it was a shortened version of it. I think this is because many elements of her experience would have been hard for young minds to comprehend and some parts even scary. She is an amazing woman. I am bewildered by this topic. Some of the earlier replies on this thread propose a very rigid view of the afterlife; I.e. we don't see Jesus or God until the millennium for example, or non-converts will become members of the church; and go so far as to suggest that people who claim to have visited God are lying. This is a very limited view, and I don't think the afterlife is cut out and dried that way. There is so much we don't understand, and much we could not even begin to comprehend in the dimension we live in. This is why everyone's NDE is different. Not everyone who dies sees Jesus or other Christian symbols. People who die in other parts of the world see Buddha or Allah when they die, and this is confirmation to me of how much our heavenly father loves us. He will find a way to contact us after we die and bring us home in such a way that each one of us will understand. There is a whole different dimension beyond and somehow I believe all the different beliefs in this world, experiences, and people will somehow come together and make sense in a beautiful way. I am LDS, but I think there is truth in all religions.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2009 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

LDS Near Death Experiences Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Elane

Comments: My name is Elane D. And I am the author of "I Stand All Amazed". My NDE happened in Chicago in October of 1976 and Granite Publishing produced a book with a good deal of my account in it's pages in 1998. [Contact Removed See Submission Rules]

I am LDS and became a member nearly fifteen years after my NDE. When a person such as myself has had an extensive experience, it becomes a part of who you are and it's something that has helped guide me over the years. I live with it daily. I consented to allowing a book to be printed after so many other books were quoting me.. And my NDE seemed to be taking on a life of it's own. Arvin Gibson wrote "Echos From Eternity". The title was taken from my experience. I recommend Arvins book as well as the newer version of "Life Everlasting" by Duane Crowther. Both have excerpts from my experience in them. There are many others as well and far to many for me to give them all mention here. What I do want to mention on a personal level here is this: Having such an experience as this does not make me special. My outlook is different and has been for thirty odd years, but I still get flat tires.. And make peanut butter sandwiches. I get colds just like many of you. The difference is that I don't stress out like I used to. My blessings are many and I'm thankful for each day I live, but at the same time I get awfully homesick for "Home". There's a wonderful world we all came from and in less than the blink of an eye, we all will return to it.

I have been approached to write an additional book. Tell me what you think.

Anyone who hears me speak or reads what I write should also understand, I am NOT a Prophetess. This experience is mine alone and I am responsible for sharing parts of it with the world. If what I share strengthens your spirit, or helps you want to be a better person, then that alone is my reason for sharing. It's not meant as a means for me to make a dollar or gain notoriety.

My prayer is that Heaven Blesses each of you who read this. Let me hear from you.

Source 1: "I Stand All Amazed" by Elane Durham
Source 2: Echoes From Eternity" by Arvin Gibson

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2009 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Experiences Death LDS

Name: Linda

Comments: As far as my opinion of doing a 2nd book, I would be interested to learn how your NDE has changed your choices in life. What do you do or not do now that you've gained a different perspective?

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2009 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

LDS Near Death Experiences
A Friend

Experiences Death LDS

I know a few people who have had NDE's and they all have incredibly close similarities. I have always had a fascination with the life beyond this physical realm, as there have been numerous times I have left my body whilst I was asleep and on occassion I have seen spirits. I feel it is a gift I have, but through experiences that diminished my light, I havent been able to maginfy that gift until the recent passing on a loved one.
The spiritual realm that is an active part of this physical realm is remarkable, being able to perceive and physically feel the presence of another soul is amazing.
I am slowly coming back to an awareness of just how spiritual we really are in this short physical experience.
The love between the deceased and I is now stronger than ever before, as there are no physical barriers for him, and he is completely knowing of all.
I just love this new awareness.

Also I have read the NDE of the 9yr old girl and her father that go around doing the firesides, the Mendenhall Family, the books are : My peace I give unto you and Possibilites, Lessons of the spirit! They are wonderfully enlightening and I recommend all to read the spiritual experiences and lessons in them.

Reconcile Edited: Isis on 27th Jul, 2009 - 3:51am

Post Date: 29th Dec, 2009 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

LDS Near Death Experiences

Name: Rachel

Comments: I've had a lot of questions lately, despite being raised in the LDS church and losing 2 siblings, and have read more NDEs lately to comfort me that God exists and love us. Thank you for contributing to that. I can't thank you enough, actually, and I appreciate your message. I, too, believe the most important part of this life is learning of and sharing God's love for us.

I would be interested in reading a second book that clarifies the things you believe in most, based on your experience. It doesn't have to be for or against your religion in any way, but maybe discuss what you see as your spiritual journey on earth is, as someone who has returned from such a glimpse.

I would love a thousand other things to be in there, but most of them are probably beyond the realm of any knowledge until we fully die and are permitted to understand the full nature of God and heaven.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2010 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

LDS Death Experiences - Page 4

Name: Russ

Comments: Elane - I would be interested in knowing if you feel there is an obligation to share one's experience. In other words, do you feel that an experience like this is a gift that should be shared? Will there be consequences later if it is not shared? And how do you deal with the concern that others will dissect you and your experience with little respect for the divine.

15th Mar, 2010 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

LDS Death Experiences Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

Russ, an obligation? I believe the answer can only come from what you were directed to do during your Near Death Experience (NDE). Were you told to share your experience or keep it to yourself? Nevertheless, you will always get those who are negative towards something unusual, paranormal, spiritual, and you will sometimes get the odd fellow who believes and feels enlightened by what you relate. You will need to discern who you share it with if you're talking about sharing your NDE on a personal level.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: LDS Near Death Experiences

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,