LDS Near Death Experiences - Page 5 of 7

Can the experience Moses had in the Pearl - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Dec, 2011 - 10:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Mormon Near Death Experiences
Latter-Day Saint Perspective... / Mormon NDE / Mormons Who Experienced Near Death
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2010 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

LDS Near Death Experiences - Page 5

Name: SwiftE

Comments: I am an Australian LDS member and have been for 31 years. I find the topic of NDE's most interesting. I was led to this website after having finished reading a book titled "The day I died" by Tammy Cohen. I happened to chance upon it at the local library. It is a collection of NDE true stories. Though none of them appear to be from an LDS viewpoint, it did mention such things as "lines"or"thin ropes" connecting one person to the next. Also such accounts as seeing their life played like a film and expecting to see all the major mistakes but instead it re-played all the minor things like hurtful remarks that person may have said to another, and the way in which they felt the guilt at seeing that, but also feeling the hurt it had caused the other person.
I have always felt that we are spiritual beings in a mortal existence. When I was taught the gospel at 12yrs old for the first time, I easily accepted the concept of a pre-earth life. It was nothing new to me- it felt so normal, like I already knew it. I am really enjoying this thread and hope to read many more. Thankyou for all those book references too. I have a lot of reading to catch up on!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2010 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Experiences Death LDS

Name: Sylvia

Comments: I experienced a Near Death Experience and did recognize that the people there were clothed with a white gossimer
light. Not clothes like we wear here as mortals

Source 1: My Near Death Experience

13th Apr, 2010 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

LDS Near Death Experiences Studies Doctrine Mormon

Sylvia, it would be very nice if you could share your experience with us. What exactly is a white gossimer?

5th Jun, 2010 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Experiences Death LDS

Kim Rives is an author of the book "My Walk Thru Heaven" in which she describes many things of her near death experience. This is just an extract, more in the link below:

international QUOTE
Rives, according to her own account, was led by a messenger through a beautiful, rose-studded meadow to a city -- bypassing two others -- that boasted streets of gold and diamond-studded buildings.

Inside a classroom, she says, she met her deceased grandmother, who was teaching other ancestors about genealogy. She also met Joseph Smith, founder of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He, too, was teaching a lesson.

Her twin sisters, who had died in infancy, were there, and she saw a vision of her premortal self learning to love music.

Rives says she was taught about forgiveness from her Mother in Heaven and shown orphans in the Third World whose personal lights beamed brighter as they received handcrafted clothing that Rives' own mother had made.

Jesus Christ, she says, showed her his crucifixion, which was more violent and painful than she ever had imagined. From the cross, she says, "he asked me to give him my pain." Jesus also showed her a vision of the basement pigsty and her young self, surrounded by demons that she later realized symbolized the anger, depression, fear and guilt in her life.

"He said, 'Kim, look to the light and live,' " she recalls. "As soon as I was willing to look at his light, they had to flee. I felt his power, strength and deliverance. ...

"He didn't point out my faults, my failings, my weaknesses. He just loved me. He's God, but here he is willing to serve me. I'm still humbled by that."

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2010 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Experiences Death LDS

Name: Nick

Comments: I had a NDE one time. It was called attempted suicide. I saw no light at the end of the tunnel but I did see the light.

Post Date: 5th Oct, 2010 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

LDS Near Death Experiences

Name: Ed

Comments:
Modern researchers now claim that man does not use just 10% of their brain as once thought. Apparently we are "maxed out" with our earthly brains?

However, once we are dead, it seems like we do not regain the 4 billion of years of knowledge we must have gained since we were created in the pre-existence.

I am assuming that we had had past knowledge and experiences which would/should remain with us forever. If there was a Grand Council in the pre-existance, and 1/3 of the host of heaven was cast out, and we were in the other 2/3rds then our knowledge would have been somewhat advanced and this seems to imply that we were more than ignorant idiot-intelligences.

But yet, Lucifer seems to be somewhat of a lame-brain. After 4 billion years plus, his intelligence seems somewhat limited. He was not totally successful in pulling off his mutiny.

We say, "The glory of God is intelligence." This would imply that of all things, we can only take experiences, knowledge and feelings with us from earth back to the spirit world. And in the spirit world our thoughts may not be just ours alone but shared with all other spirits. Just as God will and does know our every thought, so too, we may hear and know the thoughts of all spirits in the spirit world.

I often wonder about the 4 billion years of learning that we had since the earth was formed. Going back even further, we are taught that we were "intelligences" from the beginning.

international QUOTE
D&C 93:  29. "Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be."

D&C 130:  18 Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection.
          19 And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage  in the world to come.

From what I read of near NDEs, it does not appear that we regain the total knowledge that we may have had in the pre-existence, plus the total knowlege of mankind that all dead in the spirit world would share.

Mediocre is how I would describe most NDEs. No one seems to come back with 4 billion years of knowledge...nor even a million years of pre-mortal knowledge. There seems to be new "gifts" for some returnees, but not what convinces me that vast amounts of knowledge will return quickly after death. If we are all fallen angels, then our angelic skills seem remedial. What say you all?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2011 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

LDS Death Experiences - Page 5

Name: Netace

Title: Best LDS NDE book

Comments: In my opinion, if you have not read Larry Tooley's book, "I Saw Heaven" you have missed to best book on a NDE that there is. The book is edited by Duane Crowther and published by Horizon.

2nd Dec, 2011 - 10:13am / Post ID: #

LDS Death Experiences Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

Can the experience Moses had in the Pearl of Great Price be considered a near death experience or do you have to be clinically dead according to modern doc6tors? I'm just looking for prophets that might have gone through this.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: LDS Near Death Experiences

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,