2004 Olympics

2004 Olympics - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 15th Aug, 2004 - 7:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 31st May, 2004 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics

It seems like the USA always comes off with the most medals (and world records) at the Olympics, do you think the same will be true at this year's Olympics?

Sponsored Links:
1st Jun, 2004 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Olympics

I have no doubt that will happen again Neo. The US has proven itself a super nation when it comes to Olympic events, and the breed of all-around athletes we produce is unmatched. I just hope we can stay clear of all the steroid scandals, and keep the games clean. We already have one sprinter who admitted to steroid use and was stripped of all her records. Hopefully that won't tarnish the results of the rest of the US squad.

12th Aug, 2004 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

A big contender too is China, I believe as countries start spreading themselves into more sports rather than concentrating in what they are good at - eventually the US will not be in the #1 position for medal collecting.

13th Aug, 2004 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Olympics

Did anyone see the opening ceremony? How did you enjoy it? I thought it was very good, especially those that acted like statues. Interesting too is how they brought out the countries based on the Greek alphabet which is different from ours. St. Lucia was the first country out.

14th Aug, 2004 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Olympics

I missed most of the opening ceremony but did get to see Trinidad and Tobago with Ato Boldon carrying the flag. Well, Day 1 and a World Record has already been broken. Michael Phelps of the USA breaks his own world record in the Swimming Individual 400m Medley with a time of 4:08:26. Previous record was 4:08:41. Michael also has the opportunity to win 8 gold medals this Olympics, which would break Mark Spitz's record of 7 golds which was set in 1972. Early medal count is as follows:

China - 2G, 0S, 1B - 3 medals
Italy - 2G, 0S, 0B - 2 medals
Japan - 2G, 0S, 0B - 2 medals
USA - 1G, 2S, 1B - 4 medals

Good start so far for the USA!

15th Aug, 2004 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics

I loved the Ceremony, it was awesome! When I saw the Argentinian athlethes I went crazy! tongue.gif We got our first bronze medal in women swimming, it was the first medal for swimming we got since 1936! Vamos Argentina, love youuuu! biggrin.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2004 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics
A Friend

2004 Olympics

The Opening Ceremony last night was fantastic. The stadium in itself is an architecture marvel. My favorite part was also the parade of statues portraying Greek history.

The US has an edge of getting more medals and world records because for one, it is a rich country and therefore they have the money to train the best athletes and the best resources to train them.

15th Aug, 2004 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Well an update on the Michael Phelps conquest for record gold. Those hopes were dashed today when his 4x100 freestyle relau team settled for Bronze. He can still tie the record of 7, but cannot break it.
Yesterday, another World Record, again in Swimming, was broken by the Australian Women in the 4x100 freestyle relay. Also of interest today, the US Men's Basketball team was soundly defeated by Puerto Rico 92-73. This is only the third time ever that a US team has been defeated and the first time that an NBA filled US roster was defeated. The US team for another gold in basketball seems diminished now.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: 2004 Olympics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,