Cia Head Resigns

Cia Head Resigns - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Dec, 2008 - 10:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

A Matter of Accountability?
Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2004 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cia Head Resigns

President Bush says CIA Director George Tenet is resigning.
Ref. CNN.com

Sponsored Links:
7th Jun, 2004 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Resigns Head Cia

Tenet said his resignation will be effective July 11 -- the seventh anniversary of his 1997 appointment by then-President Bill Clinton.

During Tenet's time in office, he led the CIA through the 1999 conflict in Kosovo, the al Qaeda terror attacks on New York, Virginia and rural Pennsylvania, and the wars in Afghanistan and in Iraq. Tenet has enjoyed a lifetime of public service

In his remarks to employees, he praised the agency's "magnificent work" -- but he added, "Our record is not without flaws."

"The world of intelligence is a uniquely human endeavor, and as in all human endeavors we all understand the need to always do better," Tenet said. "We are not perfect, but one of our best-kept secrets is that we are very, very, very good."

https://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/03/...igns/index.html

It's difficult for "us" (the general public) to know for sure what was done/not done/handled badly. I think it's just house cleaning and possibly scapegoating of the guy in charge when things go bad.

IMO
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

7th Jun, 2004 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Cia Head Resigns History & Civil Business Politics

I think it's just house cleaning and possibly scapegoating of the guy in charge when things go bad.

I couldnt agree with you more FarSeer. It is unfair to place the blame for what happened on one person in this situation. It was a collective mess up, but usually the head guy gets stuck with the blame, and this was a prime example of that.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

8th Jun, 2004 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Resigns Head Cia

Well, the reports are he decided to leave for personal reasons. None of us will believe that, but you know it is possible that it could be true. It seems to me if it weren't true, we would be told that in the same way we are told when others resign because of bad things that happen on their watch. I think he would just come out, apologize for what happened while he was in charge and say he need to accept responsibility because it was while he was running things so he was resigning.

I do find it interesting though that many want to use this CIA issue to hurt Bush politically when it was Clinton that appointed this guy.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

8th Jun, 2004 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Resigns Head Cia

I do find it interesting though that many want to use this CIA issue to hurt Bush politically when it was Clinton that appointed this guy

Wow tenaheff, I couldnt have said it better myself. All my anti-Bush friends try to use Tenet as an argument for not reelecting Bush but I think it is a great example of why Clinton was so overrated as a president.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

8th Jun, 2004 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Cia Head Resigns

Great point, tenaheff -- he certainly was appointed by the Previous Administration smile.gif And isn't that where the ball began it's drop on a number of intelligence and foreign affairs issues?? yep.

IMO
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Jun, 2004 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

Cia Head Resigns

Yeah, that's where they decided to ignore all intelligence and threats to the US. Who knows how many foreign issues passed across Clinton's desk, directed from Tenet himself, but ultimately the decision came down to the person sitting in the oval office. Tenet's only fault was not placing more emphasis and importance on the Al-Qaeda threats and forcing the Clinton administration to do something about them.

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2008 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cia Head Resigns Politics Business Civil & History

Drunk George Tenet Lashed out at Bush's Neocons

'The Jews' who tried to 'pin the Iraq WMD fiasco on him.'
By Think Progress

Former CIA director George Tenet "drunk on scotch, flailing about Prince Bandar's Riyadh pool, screaming about the Bush Administration officials who were just then trying to pin the Iraq WMD fiasco on him." Tyler reports that Tenet also "mocked the neoconservatives in the Bush administration" as "the Jews":
Ref. Source 9

> TOPIC: Cia Head Resigns

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,