Parents Taking The Game Too Serious

Parents Game Serious - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th Jun, 2004 - 6:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2004 - 6:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Have any of you witnessed a parent losing his or her temper on the sidelines. Some parents just get so wrapped up in the game, that they forget what it's really about. It's about children having fun and just being a kid. I hate to see a parent yell negative remarks to their child for making a bad play. Not every kid can be the next Michael Jordan or Mia Hamm. A few years ago a man was at his sons Hockey practice. Well the father got into a yelling match with the coach , about his son not getting enough playing time in the games. What ever the coach said , it made this man so upset , that the guy ended up killing the coach. I can't remember how he died. I think it was injuries sustained from a fight. Now can you imagine what is going through this child's mind , after witnessing his father kill a man. He will never be the same again. What are your thoughts on this ?

Sponsored Links:
4th Jun, 2004 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Serious Game The Parents

This was very unfortunate, for everyone involved, and hopefully, is something that will not occur again. However, with the lucrative contracts that these professional athletes are signing these days, parents quickly latch on to any talent they see in their kids and equate it to dollar signs. When the coach, or another parent, or another kid comes in the way of that, they can sometimes see it as "You dont want my kid to be successful" when, like you plainly stated

It's about children having fun and just being a kid.

I have a 9-year old who is in soccer and basketball, and I see random occurrences of this type of behavior. I myself can sometimes lose focus and get carried away in the game, but I have to say that most parents realize they are overreacting and generally calm down. The incident you described; I believe that parent would have run into some other problem later down the road anyway, because that type of anger just doesnt come from one occurrence. That person had some anger issues to deal with.

> TOPIC: Parents Taking The Game Too Serious

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,