Western Or Japanese? - Page 3 of 8

I prefer japanese animation. Its easier to - Page 3 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 26th Jun, 2005 - 4:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

?
Poll: Which animation style do you prefer?
  Western       20.00%
  Japanese       80.00%
Total Votes: 45
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The two are different, which animation style do you prefer? Key Comic Thread
20th Jan, 2005 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese? - Page 3

I prefer Western style because Western is much more varied; you have all sorts and types of plot. Japanese, on the other hand, tends to be all Pokemon, Yugi-ho style. Now not that I don't like that, but after a while, it seems to get just a little bit repetitive.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jan, 2005 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Japanese Western

QUOTE (arthyr @ 18-Aug 04, 1:32 PM)
I actually like them both about the same...now if they could just mix both cultures I do think you'd be able to get the best of both worlds...

While I do prefer Japanese animation overall, I do see that Western animation has its good points too, and do agree with you that there should be a way to combine the two somehow..

I do like the way Japanese animators do the eyes better though, definitely.

31st Jan, 2005 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese? Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Even though there are some great Western animations, I still choose Japanese anime because of the story plots. I hate the randomness of cartoons like Kids Next Door and Teen Titans and I would rather enjoy watching Trigun and Inuyasha.

12th Feb, 2005 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Japanese Western

QUOTE (Areken @ 23-Jul 04, 2:10 AM)
but there are some japanese shows that have over the top storylines that just make you go wow.

I' ve got to agree with that. It's something that western anime lacks. There's not only a higher quality of art in Japanese anime but it really does appeal to more mature audiences. The story line is going somewhere..so it's more than likely you could get lost if you dont follow it. There's a beginning and end to these anime. The creators and writers dont intend to meander about, simply aiming to achieve longest running series or such. There are really short anime productions that are just mind blowing, a personal favourite being The New Legends of Snow White Pretear. And then there are the longer productions like Samurai X..fantastic anime by the way! I must admit though that there are some japanese anime I simply cannot relate to (though it seems others just love them) for example Dragon ballZ (the one with unrealistic muscular structure on the characters) and Love Hina (I cant understand why lots of my male friends love that one). Also I think the Japanese are obsessed with the female body and that tends to mar the overall fantastic quality of the anime itself. As for the western anime..the closest I've seen that may actually have a chance at comparison is Batman Beyond(I enjoyed that series). Yes, the Japanese do tend to exaggerate, but considering the storytelling, art, target audience and overall impact..its a small flaw in its magnificence.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2005 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Japanese Western

I would choose jap. anime style over western cartoon style, because jap anime is the is the only thing that can immerse me into a totally different realm right in my own head. the character and plot developement in anime is so seemlessly done that sometimes I find my self so taken up with it I dont eat or sleep, or do anything till I watch out the entire series (that is if I have them on dvd/ video cd). and more often than not when I have seen it out, I would sometimes feel to cry because its done.

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2005 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese?

I definitely prefer japanese animation. As many people have already said, the detail is fantastic and I also like the exaggeration they put on the eyes and the hair. The drawings are much more advanced. The stories also seem to be a lot more involved and interesting whereas western animation tends to concentrate on silliness and slapstick humour which quite frankly I find boring.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2005 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Japanese - Page 3

I prefer Japanese anime for two reasons.
1. It's easier to draw
2. the plotlines are more about human interests

Sure Western probably has better plotlines, and their eyes aren't huge, but there is a sense that only one or two personal aspects of the hero/ heroine are being presented. With Japanese there is a much deeper sense of humanity. The feelings are more front and center than the "macho man/woman" point western is pushing.
They are not afraid to say that we all have problems we must face, and this is how they overcome them, in a fantastical unrealistic enviroment.
I also get bored of the constant randomness of T.V. shows nowadays. I would rather stick with the Simpsons if I want constructive randomness.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2005 - 4:44am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Japanese Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 3

I prefer japanese animation. Its easier to find story lines you can relate to, or that are tuned toward a more adult audience. the emphasis is on different things in japanese animation than in western, like facial expressions for example. The style of humor is usually completely different also.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Western Or Japanese?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,