Western Or Japanese? - Page 4 of 8

I love the wackiness of manga/anime... a lot - Page 4 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 10th Nov, 2006 - 5:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

?
Poll: Which animation style do you prefer?
  Western       20.00%
  Japanese       80.00%
Total Votes: 45
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The two are different, which animation style do you prefer? Key Comic Thread
Post Date: 1st Aug, 2005 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese? - Page 4

I prefer Japanese the stories are more original and more thought out. I can sit and watch any western cartoon and see ways of improving not only the story but the Characters themselves.

Japanese have come up with more orginal story ideas because they don't limit themselves take for instance there is a show going on in Japan I think it's called "Cell phone Detective" It's about a teenage detective that solves murder mysteries by using her cell phone. I don't think any western creator would of thought of that, if they did they probably didn't like the idea so they through it out.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2005 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Japanese Western

cool.gif YO! Anime is the best, no doubt! It is more artistically expressive, and covers a wide range of genres and topics. With western style, you get boring art, and there are only three real topics: Heros, Crime fiction, and Science fiction.
Really, the only ones that enjoy western art are males from ages 15 -30. Absolute geeks. Comics of western art are never as creative as manga art. A radioactive spider. Woopdy-doo! I'm sorry if I seem rude, but Japanese art wins, hands- down.

Post Date: 4th Mar, 2006 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese? Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Japanese, both in animation and plot.

Japanese animation's target audience is a larger range than western cartoons, which ultimately creates the misrepresentation that because anime is 2D, it's for kids.

There're different types of animation in Japanese animes, and I find the use of shadows and CG (?) blending to be quite effective in creating life like drawings.

Plots, need I say anymore? I just love the depth and themes in anime. Watching it not only provides entertainment, but it's thought provoking storylines bring to life many of the questions asked in generations. Anime, in some cases, is like an art.

13th Apr, 2006 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Japanese Western

I am going t attempt a revival of this topic as I see it to be very intriguing. I think that when western cartoons really try to follow a more serious adult code they can be the equal of eastern cartoons. But this is were the problem comes in. Western cartoons have never really been congratulated fro thier excellence in these depatments. Take a look at some of the old saturday morning cartoons like X-men or Spiderman both shows had a far higher degree of maturity than a lot of cartoons today. I believe that they show our potential for excellent cartooning in the west. However I think that a majority of the time eastern cartoons handle adult situations with much better class and style. which is why on the whole I prefer eastern animation to western. However I believe if western animators tried to focus on adult audiences MORE they could be quite comprable.

30th May, 2006 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Japanese Western

I've loved the anime much more than western but there are good westerns as well. My favorite western is spiderman and my favorite anime is inuyasha. Spiderman has a more human related issues and I can relate to his losses and the way he feels a lot of the time. As for inuyasha I can't tear away from the storylines.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2006 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese?

I personally enjoy Anime, granted I like them both but anime wins the prize in my heart. A lot that is on regular TV now a days doesnt always do the Japenese style justice. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful it is coming to TV but it would be nice to see some of the other works as well.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Oct, 2006 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

Western Japanese - Page 4

Western animation: more series, better cartoon.

Japanese also have some this style anime (dragon ball, Pokemon and other never ending storys) but most of it is amazing. It's like movies, you can find ever genre in anime, maybe more than in regular movies, and in western animation you see super heroes and dumb cartoons, wich I don't like (except simpsons wink.gif )

I love anime and magma. They have plot (I couldn't find it in wester animation or it was really too simple for thinking man).
And still there are exceptions.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message.

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2006 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Japanese Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 4

I love the wackiness of manga/anime... a lot of their concepts are amazingly original and complex. The idea of Cram School gangs and all that is awesome. Sick to death with giant robots though... but I'll never get sick of samurais or stuff like Fullmetal Alchemist.

But I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Western comics... I grew on that stuff, so I have loyalty towards it.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Western Or Japanese?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,