Western Or Japanese? - Page 5 of 8

I'm a Anime fan myself. The themes - Page 5 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 1st Jan, 2009 - 4:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

?
Poll: Which animation style do you prefer?
  Western       20.00%
  Japanese       80.00%
Total Votes: 45
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The two are different, which animation style do you prefer? Key Comic Thread
Post Date: 14th Dec, 2006 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese? - Page 5

Well, I'm quite a fan of anime, and I've never really enjoyed cartoons. I find the top-quality japanese animes to contain excellent plot and character development, a strong storyline accompanied by the common oriental mystical "aura", and overall better graphic design and animations.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2006 - 8:45am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Japanese Western

I prefer anime because the plot is typically more story-driven. An episode of a western cartoon is more of a one-act play, whereas an episode of an anime is a chapter typically in a book. This is not *always* true, but by-and-large anime is more like a story. I enjoy it for that aspect.

Now, if what I want is a quick reel of laughter, then I have to go with a western animation like family guy. Anime is rarely packed full of laughs like a western cartoon.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2007 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese? Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Anime of course.
Why?
Because it's very realistic, stories often are very awesome and interesting, drawing style is a lot better than cartoon's style.
Why not cartoon(western animation)?
Because very often plot is dumb(no offense), drawing is poor.
P.S. Some cartoons are very good by the way, Yasuragi. -=^.^=-

23rd Jun, 2007 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Japanese Western

Would have to say I am Biased. Japanese animation is so much more in depth, the storyline, graphics, and overall time spent creating it(thier budget). With shows like Wolfs rain, Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach, FMA, And many others. I hate to say it but nothing in western cartoon industry can touch it. Although I have to give major props to Nickelodeon for the Avatar series. The only issue I have with japanese animation is they draw things on and on at times. A classic example would be DBZ, DBZGT, and Naruto all with an average of 100+ episodes.(Naruto has 320 in the first year of the seris and 18 now in the new one) If you haven't watched much animation I would recomend Full metal alchemist, Wolf's Rain and Bleach.

Even Classics like Voltron, GI JOE, Scooby doo, and Transformers have very little to story line as they all have the same ending every episode. Graphics of them make me cringe till and I loved these cartoons. Avatar here is the only gem the western film industry have for the mass's that like anime.

With the release of Final Fantasy's Avent Childern and Spirit Within I see a big jump in animation quality very soon in both Western and Japanese animation.

Reconcile Edited: Kozak on 23rd Jun, 2007 - 11:56pm

Post Date: 30th May, 2008 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Japanese Western

The difference in animation quality alone is not just in the character design, but also in the framing and the way some high quality japanese cartoons immitate the movement of cameras and experiment with viewpoint. Japanese cartoons are clearly much better. However, japanese animation is heavily influenced by American animation from the 50-60s, so both traditions have diverged from a common point.

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2008 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese?

I more prefer Japanese animation. I can't recall one Western animation that I have seen and kept watching. With Japanese animation, it's like stepping into a fantasy land, and enjoying everything that is going on. The stories aren't always reality-faced, but it is surely quite enjoyable. I'd choose a Japanese animation over a Western one any day.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Jan, 2009 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Western Japanese - Page 5

The pole is showing a lot of members here are into anime. Sorry to crack the trend but as a lover of DC I have to choose Western.

1st Jan, 2009 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Western Japanese Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 5

I'm a Anime fan myself. The themes can get more serious and emotional than the Western types.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Western Or Japanese?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,