Western Or Japanese? - Page 6 of 8

Wait, I didn't get that. Are you still - Page 6 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2009 - 5:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

?
Poll: Which animation style do you prefer?
  Western       20.00%
  Japanese       80.00%
Total Votes: 45
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The two are different, which animation style do you prefer? Key Comic Thread
17th Jan, 2009 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese? - Page 6

They can also be more whacky and clownish re: those over exaggerated eyes and toddler aged jokes.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2009 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Japanese Western

I like the Western-style animation but the Japanese-style storylines.

19th Mar, 2009 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese? Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

That is an interesting combination since I do not like the Japanese style comedy or expressions. I'm sure there is one that probably combines the two - possibly Teen Titans.

Post Date: 8th May, 2009 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Page 6 Japanese Western

Teen Titans is the perfect blend of the two. The storylines and animation equally use both Western and Japanese influences.

25th Jul, 2009 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Japanese Western

I'm more of a western fan I guess since I can relate better to themes I'm accustomed with.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2009 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Or Japanese?

Japanese anime(please people, stop calling them cartoons) is by far superior to Western cartoons. And I can say this in an unbiased fashion as I have been amply exposed to both.

If you have seen lots and lots of animated stuff- from both these worlds- then you can clearly state which is better. Anime is an art form and not a medium of business that most western ventures have turned into, sadly. The Japanese are faithful to their culture and are highly skilled in depicting it.

There is also the matter that every anime, of any theme, always has something to teach, come kind of message to carry. The fact that it is much more adult oriented also adds heavily to the side of anime. How many western cartoons can you name that show violence, sexual abuse, torture, crime and every other form of decadence in a way that shows in the end that the human will can win out? Also, emotions of individuals are handled properly by the Japanese.

So you see, it is not so much as the visuals themselves(which are far more advanced and detailed than western animation) but rather the directing, screenplay, story and other aspects which truly make anime the superior one.

And as far as the exaggerated eyes go, there's an easy enough explanation for that. Most artists believe that eyes are the most expressive feature of the face. Emphasizing the eyes helps display and emphasize the emotions which are being displayed. Also, the Japanese believe that the eyes are the "Gateways to the Soul", and since they are a very soul-centered culture as a whole, they concentrate on the eyes.

So thumbs up to Japanese anime and all those who support it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Dec, 2009 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Western Japanese - Page 6

Dude you have some points but for me I'm just not down with Japanese culture so I guess that's why I can't get into it as much. Maybe I'm too shallow about animes but growing up I wanted to be like Superman, Batman or whatever not some Japanese name.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2009 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Japanese Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 6

Wait, I didn't get that. Are you still a child? Are you referring to childhood fantasies? Because I'm not sure they apply any more. Of course, that might just be how I am.

And I do not think you are shallow. The characters of Superman and Batman have not only been well created, but also well portrayed in several series. They re some truly legendary characters and have my respect.

Superman is someone who has the broad shoulders to carry the weight of the world, both in the literal and the metaphoric sense. He leads by example and not by command and therein lies his greatest strength. Batman is by far the greatest superhero in history. He is an ordinary mortal and yet within him lies the key to victory as we have seen in so many Justice League Episodes.

But you should not forget the likes of modern heroes like Naruto, Ichigo(Bleach), Rufi(One Piece), Natsu(Fairy Tail) and many others whose names would fill the whole page if I ventured to narrate them. These characters have to face many of the ordinary mental and moral dilemmas that we face in our lives, and thus I'm drawn to them. The way they face up to the challenges and overcome them has something to teach every one who faces similar dilemmas.

If anime doesn't suit you, start out with manga. I'd suggest starting out with something light like, say Watashi No Messiah(My Messiah). Try it, you might even start liking it.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Linking to external sites is not allowed here and is considered a form of spamming. See Constructive Posting Policy.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Western Or Japanese?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,