Western Or Japanese? - Page 7 of 8

I have been saying that a long time - the - Page 7 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 24th Jul, 2010 - 10:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

?
Poll: Which animation style do you prefer?
  Western       20.00%
  Japanese       80.00%
Total Votes: 45
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The two are different, which animation style do you prefer? Key Comic Thread
24th Dec, 2009 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese? - Page 7

I'm not a child I'm a teenager although I guess some people still see it like being a child but what does that have to do with me preferring Superman or Batman over anime? I know many adults who aren't afraid to admit they wish they could be part of the JLA.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Dec, 2009 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Japanese Western

No I didn't mean to say that only children have certain preferences, I'm saying that the preferences of children are born of entertainment rather than understanding. A child cannot distinguish between good things and bad things very clearly, or which show is superior to which.

Thus those preferences which we had as children need to evolve. Anime is indeed not mostly meant for kids as it deals with topics and situations, which though often fictitious, carry important messages. That is what makes it superior.

14th Jan, 2010 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese? Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Kaylors, I must say you have done a brilliant job on showing the strengths of Japanese Animation smile.gif . I agree with you, and I am a big fan of Japanese Anime, and Manga. I ask, just how powerful Japanese Style art, and storyline. When the Japanese Artist create a story many of them put their heart and soul into the work, they aren't looking to make money (though that will come because of it), they are looking to put together sometime that will be remembered, be it comedy, adventure, high fantasy, or romance, all have their place in Japanese culture. I will admit though that a few problems with Japanese Anime and Manga. I have had to pass over some great manga and anime, because of nudity, immodesty, and excessive violence (to name three), which is very frustrating because I can see they have great storylines, and amazing art. But I do not hold this against the authors, because in the Japanese culture they have different standard on modesty and nudity. Like as an example from what I have seen, to a Japanese author showing a girl's breasts is perfectly okay, sigh. Great frustration.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 14th Jan, 2010 - 7:23pm

27th Jan, 2010 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Japanese Western

I love anime, they made me love the world of cartoons all over again(and everyone call me a kid multiple times because of it, little do they understand...)!

But I have to admit that Western cartoons have better art sometimes, especially in movement; in the Japanese ones you can see that the art consists of much simpler images put together. But in terms of content and actors, I think most anime are much superior tongue.gif

27th Jan, 2010 - 5:30am / Post ID: #

Japanese Western

Many of the cartoons I have seen that have left impressions on me were Japanese. Ninja Scroll comes first to mind. I am not sure but I think the two styles are converging. A lot of the new cartoons its hard for me to tell if they are Japanese or American.

27th Jan, 2010 - 7:14am / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?

Anyone who has seen my few pictures I've uploaded here could guess, I'm approaching this from a sketch artist/cartoonist perspective (not that I'm good enough to do any of that or even get featured anywhere).

While I like the simplicity of a lot of anime figures, and some body proportions, though exaggerated, seem to work well and to me seem an aesthetically pleasing form, I prefer more realistic drawings and cartoons - either it's a "silly" cartoon with stick-thin necks and big eyes and big feet, or it's a realistic depiction of the human body - I hate the mix of the two, the manga/anime where you have an otherwise fairly suitable and good body or form, but then they have those round or pointy chins and no noses and ginormous pool-ball like shiny eyes, and blue hair - it ruins everything completely. I do have to give anime type stuff credit though for their extreme attention to detail and extra work they go through, to make reflections and shadowing and a lot of things you don't see in most western art.

I really hate the exaggerated events and reactions and people turning into fat little dolls and having sweatdrops appear on the sides of their head, etc. I'm not compatible with those kinds of thing.

I watched Serial Experiments: Lain, and thought it was mostly well done, strange; I've seen quite a few (to me) animes and looked at manga and such - it's not the content for me that I'm talking about, and lord knows it isn't for the plots or dialogue, so I generally have my first reaction be to whether or not I like the style of the art, since I'm going to be reading it or watching it for the duration.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2010 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

Western Or Japanese?
A Friend

Western Japanese - Page 7

I prefer anime to western animation. I think the main reason is because it's so different.
Sometimes the style of drawing is odd ("xxxholicxxx" is a good example, with overly long limbs & monochrome secondary characters) but, once you get past noticing that I find the stories, the voice acting and especially the background cells fascinating.
I can watch them over and over and I"m constantly surprised by details I"ve not noticed before. That's not something I do with say, "Planet Hulk" for example.

24th Jul, 2010 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Western Japanese Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 7

I have been saying that a long time - the animation itself is over exaggerated. Animation is meant to be more visual than anything else. This is where Western animation beats Eastern animation easily.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Western Or Japanese?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,