Spider-man

Spider-man - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 1st Jun, 2005 - 10:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Although an old character, Spiderman has made a big come back!
Post Date: 5th Jun, 2004 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Spider-man

What do you think about the character known as 'Spider-Man'? His costume is a bit bright for a person that slings from building to building - not really one for being conservative I guess. He has made major head lines due to the movie industry, but the concept has not changed much.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jun, 2004 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Spider-man

I used to really like this character as a kid, but I could never understand the colors of his costume as Neo pointed out. Blue and red? I know that it has to do with him once being a wrestler, but I mean, you can change your wardrobe right? I guess black does not appeal to the reading audience?

8th Jun, 2004 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Spider-man Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

I think black is more depictive of the nemesis in superhero cartoons. Traditionally, the superheroes have bright colors, like superman, spiderman, the flash, etc. The villains are the ones for the dark colors. I personally like spiderman, he was strong, and agile and had the 'spidy' sense.

8th Jun, 2004 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Spider-man

Wasn't the spider that bit him sort of exotically colored? Or am I just mis-remembering that part? I was sure it was a brightly-colored spider.

Roz

8th Jun, 2004 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Spider-man

Yes it was an exotic spider, but I dont think it was brightly colored, at least not in the comic book from what I can remember. I believe that was an embellishment they made for the movie.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2004 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Spider-man
A Friend

Spider-man

I think they tried to change his colors once but I guess everyone liked him blue and red because it never caught on. I cant remember what the colors where but I didnt like them as much.

Yeah Spiderman is my second favorite comic book hero next to Captin America.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Nov, 2004 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Spider-man
A Friend

Spider-man

As I understand it, the original colors of the costume as Ditko drew it were red and black with blue used as the highlights. At some point the blue highlights became more predominant until it was gradually changed to a red and blue costume. The costume design works for me, I love it. Also remember, in the comic Peter originally designed the costume to perform in. In Amazing Fantasy #15 he earned money to help Aunt May and Uncle Ben by performing on local television shows as The Amazing Spider-Man.

O.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2005 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Spider-man
A Friend

Spider-man Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews

Now don't take this the wrong way, but I truly believe that the only reason any of the old comic book heros have any of the appeal that they do now is because retro is now a fashion statement or a way for people to separate from others yet still draw attention to themselves. I truly believe that there are some genuinely passionate people that love their old time super-heros, I know this because I am one of them. But half of the people claiming to have the slightest fondness of them are probably lying. And yes, spider-does rock my socks. he is truly one of the best accidental super-heros.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Spider-man

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,