Rap - Page 3 of 4

Man, I love Tupac. I'd cut of my left - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 9th Feb, 2011 - 2:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Bad singing with a cool beat or real good music, what is your opinion?
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2007 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Rap
A Friend

Rap - Page 3

Based on popular culture nowadays and the quality of the rap music that is heard on radio stations, television, movie soundtracks, etc...it can be perceived that all rap is bad, immoral, degrading, disgusting, and the adjectives go on and on.

Once you look past popular culture, however, is where you're rewarded. I absolutely love hip-hop and rap music. I do not love what is generally popular in those genres. Soon after it became a popular music form it has been continually tainted and degraded until it has now arrived at the status it has today, a very poor one, in my opinion. There are still many hip-hop and rap artists making good rap today. I consider myself one of them. wink.gif (Mach Fresh is my "rapper name".)

Generally, the further you go back in hip hop the better quality and less prevalence of immoral themes you will find. Yes, the theme for the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air IS what hip-hop used to be: FUN. Look at Captain Rock ("Captain Rock To The Future Shock" is in my opinion one of the best hip-hop songs to date for anyone who cares to look it up). His music was fun. From what I have heard of it, it's clean. Consider this verse, describing what happened after his exile from planet Xoe because his father discovered it was gonna explode:

I landed in San Francisco/In the middle of a rockin' disco./The people panicked/Ran out the door/ I said, "hey, ain't ya seen a space man before?"

And he later goes on to describe his motives for staying on Earth:

"No, no, no, I'm not ready to go/ I just wanna rock your house in stereo!/ It can really be --- a lot of fun/ And now I'm gonna show you just how it's done!"

Simple, funny, clean lyrics. With a great beat and driving rhythm. That, my friends, is what hip-hop *should* stand for. Unfortunatly it doesn't in popular culture. But, like I said, we should look past that and we will find that stereotypes regarding popular genres shouldn't be formed because of the quality of popular artists in that genre.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2007 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Rap
A Friend

Rap

As said by many already it really all depends on the song.
There are so many great rap tunes out there, But unfortunately there are so many awful tunes out there.
My favorite Rap song is "Bones Thugz N Harmony - Change The World"
Its a great tune with meaningful, clever and fast lyrics.
Other great songs are of course Tupacs Changes, and Thugz Mansion.

Then you have Dr Dre and his band wagon, amazing beats, But crude, rude totally oblivious to the age of their audience, the lyrics are awful.

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2007 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

Rap
A Friend

Rap Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Offensive and degrading "Gansta" rap music is what has come out on the top of the mainstream market out of all the hip hop industry as it has been unfortunately grasped by an entire generation.

But fear not! If you look hard enough there are still rap artists out there that hold true to the original spirit of what hip hop was all about - unity, rhyme and fun.
I used to love writing rhymes before I moved onto a rock band...

>>>Feeling like a regulator, I step into check
Accussed always through a lack of respect
It's easy as you want it, to point the finger
But how easy is it, to handle the effect?

... I tried! biggrin.gif

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2007 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Rap
A Friend

Page 3 Rap

I do not stereotype people because of the music they listen to , but what truly amazes me about Rap, is to see how individuals of any age would passionately sit and listen to songs about violence, drugs and degradation of women and find enjoyment, comfort and peace of mind.
Although some may argue that there are still some good songs, these songs are in the minority. In my opinion, until these rap artiste don't make some extra effort to incorporate more positive and uplifting lyrics in their songs I cannot convince myself, furthermore anyone else, that Rap is good.

Post Date: 11th Dec, 2007 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Rap
A Friend

Rap

I am going to have to agree with mach fresh. the older the hip-hop/rap the better it is. I must admit I like the beat for most of the newer songs but, the lyrics are totally horrible. I have to admit since the "Crank That" song (which I do like) everyone has been repeating the words "supaman dat ..." if you have heard the song you know th rest. And I totally love hip hop and rap, but the older stuff is better, only when it come to this genre though!

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2009 - 10:24am / Post ID: #

Rap
A Friend

Rap

I really hate the rap that is popular and mainstream. There are foolish goons like Li'l Jon or Soulja Boy that ruin the face of rap. However, if you look past them, like others have said, you will find some amazing music. Good beats are nice but honestly, rap's heart is at the lyrical level. Clever wordplay or sympathetic poetry is what drew me into rap culture and has kept me in since I was a teenager.

I love bands like the Roots or Blackstar, they are perfect examples of what I mean. The Roots constantly have a self-awareness of the problems in rap so that a song that sounds like it might be just like any other, upon a closer listen it is actually saying they don't want to be that way and mocking the style of other artists. They also have good songs about life, love and everything that affects us as human beings. Blackstar actually released an album after the deaths of Notorious and Tupac(as well as Big L, which didn't get as much publicity) that was basically a warning to the industry in general that rap is being misused; it should uplift instead of bring down.

My point is, rap as a whole is misrepresented. There are so many clever and soulful artists who use rap as their medium to get their point across. Heartbreak and tragedy, joy and triumph, all is reflected in the rhythmic poetry that rap truly is. It is such a shame that the loudest and most obnoxious seem to gain the most popularity in the genre.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Aug, 2009 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

Rap - Page 3

The closest I ever got to rap was Run DMC with "Walk this way" and some of the Beastie Boys. I do not like rap of today much either. Its just the same thing over and over and they sing about the same things. Rap just isn't my thing.

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2011 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Rap
A Friend

Rap Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 3

Man, I love Tupac. I'd cut of my left hand to have him back alive, and still rapping to this day. I listen to a bunch of his songs, he speaks real stuff.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Rap

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,